Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 3893 Posts

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
:stickfight:
I wish yo two worked fo me!:mad2:
yo's be jack hammer'n all day!!!!!!:boohoo:
I don't think ya wanna trust that pair with a hammer of any kind and particularly not one that is powered by anything.

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
:rof2::rof2::rof2:
yo right.......then they should scrap up asbestos tile wit chisel....no mask/no haz-mat suit/no nottin!!!!!!!:D
Fairly certain no one would notice anything out of the ordinary :rolleyes:

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
I think the increased instances of suicide caused by the drug is people seeking relief from the constipation.
Well that'd sure take your mind of not smoking:eek:

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
Catdaddy would be happy to hear of the success if he weren't trying to give up smokey Treets.
I bet if he lights the end of one of those power bait worms it'd break him :D

May have to get a jar of them for yote at the round up, if nothing else it'll be entertaining

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
5 points off outdoorsmen of year competition for posting anything,referencing,smell'n like smokey Treet's!:rules:
Good thing I think the best use for trout is Blue Cat bait :scared:

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
.....please make note of fluffy pilla!
I remember this pic now.....water rescue....I was just about to dive in and save 6 chilly's and a pet piglet single handedly from freezing water,a pack of alligators,gaggle o moccocins,and a hippo!:D
No sharks, or anacondas :D

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
.....they put sunglass's and zz top beards on and goose that truck as they fly by here .....laughing!:whinging:
Better than at the old house, they came by at 1 in the morning with a flashing light bar going. Looked like aliens had landed......again :rolleyes:

They also varied the day they'd come by towards the end :rules:

And if everything wasn't out of the way they'd leave without picking up the trash

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
decoder reads.....
stop wearing boxers wit giraffes and wear junk trucks like rat n cat.:cool:
I'd tell ya what the Wegan decoder says, but Mailman would hit the report button :rolleyes::wave:

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
Ok, so I google "coot recipe" and stumped the internet. :D
Tried making jerk out of them once, tasted like it had been marinated in a lagoon

Dang dogs wouldn't even eat it

Another time a buddy that was in camp with us, said they can't taste as bad as you all say. Another buddy said you shoot one I'll cook it, he tried a bite spit it out, about three hours later he said he still couldn't get that taste in his mouth.

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
You can make sausage out of just about any meat.:wave:
I think coots would be up to the challenge. If someone wants to make them I can come up with the coots.

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
Here ya go!:eek::

http://simplegoodandtasty.com/2013/12/10/hunting-for-dinner-making-coot-edible

Coot-echino

Makes five one pound sausages
Adapted from In the Charcuterie by Taylor Boetticher and Toponia Miller

Ingredients:

3 lbs. Coot breasts, all fat removed
1 lbs. pork skin cut into one inch strips
1 lbs. pork fat (I use pork belly)
2 tsp. coriander
6 allspice berries
4 juniper berries
2 tsp. black pepper corns
1tsp white pepper corns
40 grams kosher salt
5 grams curing salt #1
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
¼ cup dry white wine

Instructions

Bring a large pot with salted water to a rolling boil. Boil the pork skin for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool.
Cut the coot and pork fat into small chunks that will fit into your grinder. Mix with the cooled pork skin.
Toast the coriander seeds and then grind them in a spice grinder along with the allspice, juniper, and peppercorns.
Combine the salts and remaining spices with the coriander and the pepper, then sprinkle mixture over the meat and refrigerate for 24 hours
After 24 hours, grind the meat and spices through a medium grinding plate. Make sure your meat stays nice and cold. After grinding, add the white wine and then stuff mixture into sausage casings. I used fibrous middles 2inch by 12 inch.
After stuffing the casings, you need to hang the cotechino in a dry cool place for 3 days to dry and allow the curing salt to work.
After three days you can freeze the cotechino or cook it.
To cook the cotechino, you need to bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer (about 165 degrees) and cook the sausage until it reaches a temp of 165 degrees. I used a Dutch oven and heated the water, then put the sausage in the water and put the whole Dutch oven in the oven at 190 degrees for about an hour and a half, and then tested the sausage and it was 165 degrees.
At this point you can slice the cotechino and eat it plain or use it in any way you would like. I made lentils and added the cooked cotechino about ten minutes before the lentils were done.
:thinking: Seems I'm fresh out of juniper berries and pork skin :rolleyes:

·
King of Callaway
42,997 Posts
I wouldn't mix coot ,, kraut ,,, and bush. I believe it makes some kind of epoxy.
I don't know what it would do but it can't be good :eek:

1 - 20 of 3893 Posts