Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seeing any rut reports? Maybe someone has started a thread and I missed it. Just wondering what everyone is seeing. Thought by all the dead deer on the road they would at least be chasing. Sat in the stand all weekend saw 1 doe. Maybe it hasent started in souther mo yet? Any thoughts or reports on what you all are seeing?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It's getting ready to start; the middle/end of next week should be just about right. :wave:

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
I drove from Gasconade to Linn County and back this weekend and I seen VERY few deer dead on the side of the road. Dad went down to branson and said the deer were laying everywhere down that way though. We didn't see squat for rut activity where we were at in Linn County. Lots of does with fawns feeding and that was it. Only seen two little bucks. Another guy my buddy knows said they watched five bucks, including one shooter, chase a doe all over the place one evening. He is up closer to Iowa. Another guy I know shot a big one over the weekend near Maries/Osage County I believe and said they were rutting hard.

It's all over the freakin place so it's just a crap shoot right now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
East Central MO. Hunted Sunday night, right at dark, I had two bucks enter a bean field together. They worked away from eachother until a doe came out of the woods a couple hundred yds away. The closest buck slowly made his way to her...the other buck saw this and didn't like it. He charged...about 200 yds dead run......they locked horns. Then a 3rd buck came out of the woods and they all were harassing the doe. I watched until it was pitch black and couldn't see anymore. Pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hunted Sunday evening. Had a 6 ptr and borderline shooter grunting and sparring each other in a field on the other side of the draw i was sitting in. Should be getting real good soon!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rattled in a spike and a small 6 Sunday morning north of Lebanon. Saw 14 dead deer between Lebanon and Springfield on the way home, not including 2 does running in the ditch parallel to the highway for at least 100 yards.

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,723 Posts
KMOX mentioned "deer everywhere on the way in" on the traffic report Mon am.
Thought that was funny. At least they didn't blame the hunters.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Haven't seen much here and nothing in daylight. Took dogs our other night after cards game and had a young buck chasing a doe around the field and then into Street but that's it lately it's been very slow. I have a mock scrape with the magnum day dropper on it and have many does check it couple young bucks but action is slow and is all at night.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
So I may or may not take a leak off back deck every once in awhile so while I was I had the flash light just peeking around field and yard where deer like to hang out and to the left in the not so normal area is a beautiful 9 Tall chocolate tines body swollen up neck big n thick just walking around in the rain. Not huge on the wide side but thick and tall for sure. Was neat to see after the last week of not seeing anything.

·
Bro Staff
13,080 Posts
+/- 110" 8 chasing hard in SEMO yesterday morning at 730. He was nose to the ground hammering and she was doing everything she could to lose him.

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Caught these two on camera having a bit of a throw down...

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
read my post "crazy day in stand"

1 - 20 of 50 Posts