Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s a fair price for a 2013 Polaris Ranger 500 with less than 500 miles? It has less than 100 hours on it. Garage kept up until 2 years ago. Has a few scratches and plastic is starting to fade some. Has a top, flip up windshield and a rear window. Seller is a friend who I know properly maintained it so I don’t want to lowball him on price.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Buddy just bought a 2015 Sportsman 900, 600mi. Has front and rear windshield, doors, and a $1000 sprayer for $10,500. It's in mint condition. For what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That’s what I was thinking also. I wouldn’t have thought more than 6k max. It’s 7 years old and a model that isn’t very desirable to most people.

Isn’t the 500 still carbureted as well?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the UTV. Took the certificate of origin and a bill of sale to the License Office. Told them I need to register it and pay sales tax. They told me that UTVs have no title, don’t need registered and sales taxes are only paid when new. There is nothing that needs to be done. Is this correct? Seems to easy to be true. Also seems odd that it doesn’t have registration that will need to be renewed like my four wheeler.

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,286 Posts
I bought the UTV. Took the certificate of origin and a bill of sale to the License Office. Told them I need to register it and pay sales tax. They told me that UTVs have no title, don't need registered and sales taxes are only paid when new. There is nothing that needs to be done. Is this correct? Seems to easy to be true. Also seems odd that it doesn't have registration that will need to be renewed like my four wheeler.
That is correct except you do not pay sales tax on a new one either

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm new to side by sides and am loving this little machine.
452005BE-2FA7-435A-B9C6-C9925E66CCE6.jpeg
What accessories are a must have for it? It will mainly be used for hunting. I'm thinking a winch first then maybe a light bar. Is a under seat storage compartment worth it? Seems like a good place to store rope, straps and maybe a small air pump with tire plugging kit.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Aftermarket diamond plate floorboards. That plastic factory floor is a slick sumbeech with any frost or dew on it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have two $16 led lights on my front bumper and one mounted on the back roll cage that shines in the bed. I do not have a winch. I have only been stuck 3 times in 11 years and all three times it took a 40 hp 4x4 tractor to get me out. Wind shield, top and back protection, other than that gas and go. have fun.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Light bar for front and pods in back. I have never needed a winch unless you plan on playing.
I got lights and wiring harness at Auxbeam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts