Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hunted down my rolla first weekend and north in putnam second weekend... SAW 5 DEER ALL TOGETHER! all does. :shrug::mad2: Now in previous years up north we would see dozens of deer a day and shots would be being taken constantly everywhere. This year, we never really saw any deer and not as many shots both weekends at all compared to previous years. I only heard like 10 shots opening morning. What's going on with the deer?:thinking: All we can think is that the weather messed them and the rut up or the population is going down. Are the numbers this year lower? And has anyone talked to an agent at all to hear if there are any issues or was it just weather and it made the rut early with that cold weather and now it's warm...?

:thinking::thinking::thinking::quackquack::peepwall:

·
Registered
69,792 Posts
I think deer populations change from year to year. Two years ago I saw very few deer on my place but just down the road 3 miles I saw a winter wheat field with more than 30 deer feeding mid afternoon. That was right after we had those bad ice storms.

·
Trapper Groupie
7,708 Posts
Got tired of sitting on public ground and wasnt any hunters where I was at so I took a stroll and jumped 2 nice bucks bedded down on different ridges but never jumped a doe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts