2009 Early Migratory Bird Seasons Announced

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by BigJake, Jun 1, 2009.

1. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    The Commission approved the 2009 early migratory bird hunting seasons.

· Sora and Virginia rails, Sept. 1-Nov. 9, daily and possession limit 25, combined total for all species.

· Wilson's (common) snipe, Sept. 1-Dec. 16, daily limit eight, possession limit 16.

· American Woodcock, Oct. 15-Nov. 28, daily limit three, possession limit 6.

· Mourning doves, Eurasian collared doves and white-winged doves, Sept. 1-Nov. 9, daily limit 15, possession limit 30, combined total for all species.

· Blue-winged, green-winged and cinnamon teal:

--If the blue-winged teal breeding population index is 4.7 million or greater, a 16-day season, Sept. 12 through 27, is recommended. Combined daily limit of four teal in the aggregate, eight in possession.

--If the blue-winged teal breeding population index is at least 3.3 million but less than 4.7 million, a nine-day season, Sept. 12 through 20, is recommended. Combined daily limit of four teal in the aggregate, eight in possession.

--If the blue-winged teal breeding population index is below 3.3 million, the season will beclosed.

2. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    Are those dates good in Colorado also?? :peepwall:

3. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    ah closed season, be easy to stay inside during the sweltering heat then.:D

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1282946&tid=89757&author=winger]ah closed season, be easy to stay inside during the sweltering heat then.:D[/rquote]

yep, glad its closed too

5. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :rock: YES! 15 baby!

Parker

6. TAB

TAB New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    I plan on doing some dove hunting this year. I have only went once a LONG time ago.

7. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    [rquote=1283286&tid=89757&author=Parker]:rock: YES! 15 baby!

Parker[/rquote]

You are right!!!! They upped the limit.

8. duky

duky New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Missouri
    AWESOME 15! I wish they would bump the early goose season limit to 5 a day! That would be :eek::

9. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    O nice 15 doves in 1 day? I do home i get to go to 10 mile pond this year. Maybe there wont be any fog in the moring light and we can see the doves a flying around.

I gots to get wife usto shooting the 12 ga so she can go dove hunting wiht me. 30 would make a splendid dinner. Along side rice and pinto beans with bacon.