2009 Diamond Stud!

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Landlover, May 23, 2009.

1. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Well I finally got around to taking some pics of my new Diamond Stud. I am really happy with it and can't wait to shoot some 3d tournaments this Summer. I added a Limb Driver rest, Octane 11.5" stabilizer, and a Sword Centurion sight. The combo is a real tack driver and I can't wait to kill some foam and animals with it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. themick313

themick313 New Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Kingsport, TN
    :cheers: that is a stud! :claphands:

3. MCK9

MCK9 Active Member

4. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I got to shoot a lot today and really like that Sword Centurion site. It is built like a tank and will make a great hunting/3d site. I am sighted in out to 50 yds and plan on doing some longer range shooting tomorrow, if the weather cooperates.

I am getting 295 fps out of this bow with 390 grain arrows (70 lbs. and 30" draw) and it is super quiet and smooth. I had planned on getting a Bowtech, until I drew the Iceman, Black Ice, & Stud vs. the binary cams. I liked the speed of the Bowtech's but liked the smooth draw of the single cams better.

5. deadeye5

deadeye5 Active Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kcmo
  6. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Looks like a sweet rig Doug!!
    :cheers::cheers:

7. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I really had a hard time parting with the old Mathews FX but after shooting a buddies Bowtech General, I decided it was time for an upgrade. I should have probably kept the old Mathews but I had a back up bow for years (Mathews Feathermax) that never got any use. I sold it to a young guy that was SUPER excited to get it. It was his first bow and he was pretty stoked about getting it.

I didn't get to shoot much today but did get it sighted in at 60 yds. I would never shoot at a deer that far but I would like to get it sighted in out to 80 to practice my long range skills. Shooting out that far really makes 20-30 yds feel like a chip shot. Also some of the shoots I plan on shooting this Summer have novelty shoots at some pretty crazy distances.

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    without having to lookit up, whats the brace height on that rascal?

Looks like a stud to me. :cheers:

9. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    It has a 7" brace height, 33 1/4" ATA, weighs 4.1 lbs., 65-80%letoff, 310-318 fps IBO, and has a module that is adjustable from 25-30" without the use of a bow press.

It is a really slick bow and I have been having a LOT of fun shooting it.

I wish my son didn't have a baseball tournament this next weekend or I would be headed to Osceola. What time does the shoot start and end this weekend?