Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard that beginning next year, regular turkey season will start on the third Monday of April. So that should mean it will start Monday April 16th. :eek:

·
Registered
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone e-mailed it to me, but it supposedly was recently decided at MDC's commission meeting.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Where did you "hear" this from?
One source is my "secret connection" in Jeff City....2nd source is our district? NWTF guy, who ramrods our banquet. He mentioned that date when we were deciding a date for next springs banquet....

But then, it's prolly not set in stone until it's set in stone by the good ole MDC!!!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
That would be a little bit of help but IMHO not early enough for the most southern part of the state.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Originally posted by Mike911
That would be a little bit of help but IMHO not early enough for the most southern part of the state.
you got that right... not near early enough, but if its true, atleast a step in the right direction...
It's kinda like that antler restriction thang....ya gots to give it a few years...lol...hehehe

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Here ya go :wave:

-------------------------------------------------------------
CONSERVATION ACTION
News of the Conservation Commission meeting Aug. 17, 2006
Contact: Jim Low, (573) 522-4115; extension 3243, [email protected].
--------------------------------------------------------------
The Conservation Commission met in the Conservation Department Discovery Room at
the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia. The next meeting of the Conservation Commission was set for Sept. 28 and 29 in
Branson.

The Commission also made several regulations changes that will take effect in 2007. The Commission voted to:

Change the formula for setting opening day of spring turkey season from the Monday nearest April 21 to the third Monday in April effective in 2007.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,350 Posts
Very good. :eek: Maybe they'll still be "hot" during the season, and they were even nice enough to put it on my wedding anniversary. :rotfl: At least it's only until 1PM, so I'll be home in plenty of time to do stuff with Ellie. :dancin:

If the southern part of the state is drastically different, maybe some day they'll split the state into two or three zones to compensate like they do with waterfowl.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Not perfect by any means but at least a little better. Now the latest starting date will be about the same as earliest it used to be and the earliest will be getting closer to the ballbark of where it should be. It just baffles the h*ll out of me though....... Wonder what made them change their mind when for years the answer to the "Why isn't the season earlier?" question was always along the lines of "It is absolutely perfect the way it is and it will never change". Still don't know why in the heck they don't divide the state in half north/south and have a split season with different starting and ending dates in the northern and southern zones.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Originally posted by PFR
Still don't know why in the heck they don't divide the state in half north/south and have a split season with different starting and ending dates in the northern and southern zones.
I asked a friend who works for the MDC that same question a couple years ago. The answer I got was Missouri doesn't have distinctive enough climate zones to justify splitting it into regions, a la Illinois. I didn't agree but there you go.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
What could you possibly want to be better ?

Missouri kills over 50,000 birds a year,
I killed a strutting bird on the last day of the season last year.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
What could you possibly want to be better ?

Missouri kills over 50,000 birds a year,
I killed a strutting bird on the last day of the season last year.
:hysterical:

The trick is everyone wants to limit out every year like they're buying two turkeys from the grocery store. :peepwall:

Parker

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.