Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am checking in w/ everyone from a hotel computer in Minneapolis MN. I'll let you know that we all scored on some really nice bears during our trip and so did 7 buddies of mine that were there the week before us. I cannot believe the # of bear we encountered. I will be returning home late tomorrow hopefully with film developed so I can post some pics for everyone.

STAY TUNED!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,376 Posts
Congrats from here in lowly missouri!!

Cant wait for the pics :eek:

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
your such a tease man :D

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
durn bear tease:D

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We had absolutely no problems crossing the border either way....We were thru both sides in a matter of minutes.
We crossed just north of Grand Portage, MN

The guide we went w/ has had 19 hunters and has killed 19 bear so far with the largest weighing in at a little over 600#. Also a 1/3 of the bears are pope and young class. He has 600 square miles of land to hunt and you don't see another soul while out there. It's great!!!!!

I'm heading out the door to get my pics developed but snapped a couple of frozen shots of this guy. More to come.

[file]7997[/file]

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

[file]7998[/file]

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I am :mad::mad::mad:!!!!

I had bought some disposable digital cameras for the trip from Target. Well I just got back from Target where it says on the camera to return for processing and they say they've never even seen that type of camera before. It has the Target symbol on the camera and even says that it can only be developed at a Target store. I have been on the phone w/ every store around within 100 miles with the same run around. I also just got done checking on the internet about the brand of camera and found out that it is by Kodak so I am hoping I can send it off to a Kodak processor for developing. Sorry for the rant but I have 75 pictures that I am very anxious to see and show off....

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Timmy. I sure hope you get the deal with the photos worked out.

Just what you have said and the two pics you have posted has gots me salivatin'!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention I am sure you are anxious to see them!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Congratulation's from the ol'e Bear Hunter. Who was the Outfitter ? Did you hunt Manitoba or Ontario ? Nothing around here to shoot but squirrels untill Sept. 15th:cheers:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was alot of fun Bear!!! The outfitter was Doug Park in Dorian, Ontario. He had 15 hunters prior to us and we made 19 and all 19 have taken bears. He does a great job and really works his butt off for ya. If anyone is interested in getting in touch w/ him heres some info:

Doug Park
RR#1, Dorian,ON POT 1KO
(807)857-2942

·
27,514 Posts
Congrats on your hunt!!!!:dancin:

Did you buy the cameras here in MO or on your way to the hunt? May be a regional thing and the strores here don't carry those cameras.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I got in touch with Jeff in Iberia. About doing a bear for me. I guess he was with you as he also told me about the hunt. Said the biggest bears were near his house. Later, :cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.