Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by Heggimiers today to check on the availability of ducks and the best date for having the 2006 duck hunt. He expects to have plenty of birds on hand and says the 7th of october would be a good weekend on his end. He is hosting a field trial of some kind for duck hunters the weekend before that. I am afraid that any earlier in sept would possibly be to hot. What does the guys that participate think about the 7th as a date????

:cheers::cheers:

[Edited on 10/19/2006 by Chairman]

·
5,631 Posts
Barring any unforseen circumstances, I'd be glad to help out the disabled folks if help is needed!

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Barring any unforseen circumstances, I'd be glad to help out the disabled folks if help is needed!
We usually have a pretty good gathering on the day of these hunts. Everyone is welcome, and their help appreciated. Its kind of a nice relaxing day in the outdoors with friends. We can always have an open clay bird shoot etc for everyone to participate in too. We did that acouple a years ago,,and had a good time. The hunters usually don't shoot clays though,,since their shoulders have enjoyed a box or 2 of heavy loads prior to us shooting clays.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Well you know I'm in if there's gonna be MWT members present. I just cannot committ this far out yet Mr. Henry. If I do go I just hope that I'm not 16 hours late getting home this time.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,354 Posts
We shall see. I think Mike wants a duck to go with his pheasant.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
:cheers: Sure would be nice to see him kill plenty Venatic :cheers:

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe we need to reconsider they date. How about some input on when it would work best for everyone. I know we have more elidgible hunters than have posted so far. How about it guys,,anyone want to wack some quackers and meet alot of other forum members?????

·
Former Chicken Man
20,387 Posts
The weekends of October 21 and 28 would work for me. Sundays work best, but I know that most of you have to deal with getting home and going to work the next day.
Anyway, both of those weekends are open for me. :cheers:

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by mobiggerbucks
I would be glad to help . Just let me know whats needed . My specialty is manual labor . .................... Hey Henry , I found that turkey decoy stake that you lost but One of the grand kids lost it again .
I found the stakes,,,,,,,,,,They worked their way down into the folded up blind so far you could'nt feel them from the outside:rotfl::rotfl: I have some new ones I like better anyhow. They fold up and are'nt as long as those others. Maybe you'll get lucky and stumble across it when you need one. I've been meaning to swing down by your place for a visit all summer,,,but it just seems like there is always something keeping me busy when I want to be goofing off.

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Chairman
I'll have to get with the outfitters of my 3-day guided hunt, to see what date the hunt's gonna be held, then I'll get back with you...OK?!
Maybe we can get it timed so you and Gogop both will be in attendance.

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This keeps falling off the top. I thought I would bring it up again and see what everyone is thinking. Would the weekend of October 21st be better to help get everyone available????
What did you find out about your guided hunt Rick???

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What about everyone else??? Gogop,,leaker19,,,Hawghead any others that qualify and would want to shoot some ducks????

·
19,583 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
Originally posted by henry

What did you find out about your guided hunt Rick???
I sent the outfitter an e-mail this week, but I haven't heard back from him yet...

I'll keep you posted :wave:
My hunt is scheduled for October 2nd, 3rd & 4th, and I'm supposed to arrive on October 1st! :dancin:

And the Truman Lake Disabled Hunt is scheduled for the 4th & 5th of November.

Other than those days, I'm pretty much open...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.