Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
man ,man ,man,what can i say.all i know now, is i ain't getting no more sleep till i hit the mountains now.man oh man would i love to have something like that on my wall.sheesh,dang even ****.i better go get another tranquilzer cause there ain't no sleep now for sure.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
thats a dandy WOW

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
man ,man ,man,what can i say.all i know now, is i ain't getting no more sleep till i hit the mountains now.man oh man would i love to have something like that on my wall.sheesh,dang even ****.i better go get another tranquilzer cause there ain't no sleep now for sure.
LOL Coyote he's long arm'n it !! Thats a satellite 200" bull !!!! :D

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Long armed or not, I'd have to say it's better'n average....makes mine look like a spike!!!!! Good shootin, freak!!!!! How bout tellin us the story on that one???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Long armed.........yeah!!! This little guy went 380 5/8' I didn't kill this bull, my good friend who I usually archery or muzzleloader hunt with did ( I didn't draw the tag, but got a rifle tag as a 2nd choice). The bull was taken on National Forest, public land in an undersubscribed unit, meaning that there are usually more tags available than hunters applying for them.

This spot is pretty much sacred. Only my friend and I know of the area (so far). Since I haven't (or probably never will) kill a bull of this magnitude, he was kind enough to let me take a pic with it. I've taken some decent bulls, but nothing like this.
I called in a similar sized bull for my brother the year before and we wondered if it was the same animal. That year, we had elk all over us and i managed to call in 6 cowsaway from the big bull that we saw. My brother had several easy shots at elk, including another satellite 6x6 and a nice 5x5 which walked by at a mere 25 yds. I'm about ready to go ape crap and give my little brother the treatment only to find out he had a buck tag. As we left the area and it became too dark to do anything, bugles began filling the air from what seemed like a half dozen different animals. As we walked to our truck which was parked about 200 yds away, another bull screamed at us just before we reached the truck. I let out a chirp from my diaphram call and a bull was making it's way down to where the truck was parked. We just couldn't believe what was transpiring.
My buddy and I both know that there is another bull in the area that is still larger than this one, but we didn't draw this year. I had other commitments with some friends who have never killed an elk and wanted me to take them on a rifle hunt this year. I've attached another pic to show how big this monster really was.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Sounds like one heckuva spot, fo sho!!! So what unit should I start puttin in for??????????????lol. Good 2nd pic there, one heckuva bull, fo sho!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
that son of a gun is a monster what kind of live weight did you estimate him at?man oh man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.