Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE 20 AC. JUST SOUTH OF WEAUBLEAU FOR SALE THAT I BOUGHT FOR BOW HUNTING. IT IS SURROUNDED BY FARM LAND. IT IS MAINLY TIMBER WITH A SPRING ON IT AND A SMALL CLEARING IN ONE BOTTOM. IT HAS EXCELLENT DEER AND TURKEY HUNTING!!! THE ONLY REASON I AM SELLING THIS IS THAT I HAVE BOUGHT MY GRANDPARENTS OLD FARM AND NOW SPEND ALL MY FREE TIME THERE. I HAVE SEVERAL PICTURES OF DEER THERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM. ALSO HAVE SEVERAL PICTURES OF THE PROPERTY. THERE IS ALSO A CAMPER ON THE PROPERTY THAT I USED FOR HUNTING THAT I WOULD BE WILLING TO LEAVE THERE. JOINS GRAVEL ROAD ON SOUTH SIDE. EASY ACCESS. $29,995 OBO Might consider travel trailer, or???, for partial trade..417-224-2373

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I am new to the state, where in relation to Saint Louis is this, and pics?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Could you just tell me range and bearing from Saint Louis? I do not know the roads either, I am interested! Is there an airport near there? Any MWT members know this area?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I have looked online for your county and it does not come up!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
found it, 260 at 200, is there surrounding property for sale as well?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
If there are any MWT members that have any thoughts on this then please let me know, thanks!

·
6,644 Posts
I have been thru that area. It is pretty close to Pomme de Terre Lake. I have never hunted there, but I know there is a ton of timber down there. It is straight north of Springfield for your reference on a map.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
kc, thanks for that info. do you think 20 acres is adequate for that area? It just seems kind of small for someone that does not mind stalking.

·
6,644 Posts
I wouldn't rifle hunt the property. Bow hunting would be fine though. The timber is pretty thick down there so you won't have a long shot anyways, but I always worry about that stray bullet so I wouldn't chance it. Snakes should be plentiful.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
SNAKES, hopefully that was a typo and you meant shakes! I hate SNAKES!:mad2::peepwall:
It seems as though muzzle loader would be fine then as well!?

·
6,644 Posts
Probably would be fine with it. I get the SHAKES after I see a snake, but there is a lot of rock down there so watch what you go sittin on.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
No freakin SNAKES! Did I mention I hate SNAKES! I need some recessive therapy, perhaps one crawled into my bed when I was a kid, no that was the babysitter!
:rotfl:
I must be getting tired!

·
Registered
70,468 Posts
I have 40 acres and there are three of us that rifle hunt there and sometimes four. It all depends on what the adjoining property has on it. My place has 1500 acres of timber surrounding it on all sides. One house of my neighbors but we all know where not to shoot. There is some good farm land close to that place plus good timber also.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts