Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
It is not just about Bass tournaments. Granted, you are a professional and being able to use electronics that can let you know a fish is swimming towards your bait is asanine.

But

How long before we see crappie become scarce? Guys who just do not have the knowledge or skill busting limits because their screen lets them know 20 slabs are underneath where they just trolled.
If they haven’t been wiped out after 15 years of side imaging then they ain’t getting wiped out! Livescope allows anglers to single out bigger fish for tourneys but it definitely aint needed to catch a mess of eaters. Tourneu weights are up and that’s about it.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have a home on Lake of the Ozarks and I've watched a lot of Mike's videos. I fish it and Truman a hell of a lot. I have the latest and greatest (well, 3 years old) sonar on my boat minus LiveScope. I can find and catch fish for sure using side imaging and then dock shooting. You are not telling me anything that I don't already know about scanning docks and then LiveScoping them. I'm telling you though it saves you time catching fish and most of the time you don't have to waste time dock shooting. Also, just in December, we pretty much abandoned side scanning docks once we found fish at the mouth of coves on docks and did nothing but LiveScope to find them. Furthermore, we used nothing but LiveScope on Truman to find fish this summer when we wouldn't have found them using side imaging at all on standing timber. Go into a cove and search them out and then smoke them.

It's a game changer plain and simple. There is no two buts about it.

One last thing...., I grew up fishing the lakes in north MS and just started fishing them again about 5 years ago. Luckily for those 4 flood control lakes it is damn difficult to launch on certain parts of them this time of the year or I could see folks really whacking the big fish with LiveScope. I think if that were to happen you "might" see MS Game & Fish make a regulatory change. But, I kind of doubt it.

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
Imagine if you could fly around mile sections in your truck and Livescope a booner in the timber..
i mean heck antlrecrazed killed bucks in MS with his rifle that were so smart and hard they couldnt be killed witha bow , but they were the same accomplishment:)
naw if you had reading comprehension I said I have killed bucks in Ms with a rifle that took way more work than deer I killed elsewhere because hunting areas aren’t equal.There are places that people hunt with a bow that present more shot opportunities with a bow on mature deer than others areas do with a gun.But because you can’t grasp that no hunting scenario is equal for everybody you read it how you want to

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Oh, and Seth, I have refused to buy LiveScope because I too thought it would make zero difference on Lake of the Ozarks. I told my buddies this summer if I fished Truman exclusively, I would have it and use it to find fish. But, on LofO, I saw no need in that because it is easy to find them with side imaging. But, I nearly changed my mind in December. Where I would have been wasting time shooting docks, we were scoping them off the docks and catching limits of 10" fish. I have looked at bundles 10 times in the last few days. But, I'm stubborn even though I realize it is the real deal.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
I have a home on Lake of the Ozarks and I've watched a lot of Mike's videos. I fish it and Truman a hell of a lot. I have the latest and greatest (well, 3 years old) sonar on my boat minus LiveScope. I can find and catch fish for sure using side imaging and then dock shooting. You are not telling me anything that I don't already know about scanning docks and then LiveScoping them. I'm telling you though it saves you time catching fish and most of the time you don't have to waste time dock shooting. Also, just in December, we pretty much abandoned side scanning docks once we found fish at the mouth of coves on docks and did nothing but LiveScope to find them. Furthermore, we used nothing but LiveScope on Truman to find fish this summer when we wouldn't have found them using side imaging at all on standing timber. Go into a cove and search them out and then smoke them.

It's a game changer plain and simple. There is no two buts about it.

One last thing...., I grew up fishing the lakes in north MS and just started fishing them again about 5 years ago. Luckily for those 4 flood control lakes it is damn difficult to launch on certain parts of them this time of the year or I could see folks really whacking the big fish with LiveScope. I think if that were to happen you "might" see MS Game & Fish make a regulatory change. But, I kind of doubt it.
I will give Livescope the nod on open water fish for sure. That tends to favor Truman more so than LoZ. No argument there. That still doesn’t change the fact that a guy with side imaging will hammer crappie just fine and that Livescope is by no means a requirement. I’ve been to LoZ three times in the past month and it hasn’t taken us over an hour and 45 mins to put two limits in the boat. That is with a 12 year Hbird si unit. I very much doubt Livescope could have sped up the process.

I target cove fish closer to spring. Run sode image and look for schools then vertical fish monnows and fan cast jigs. Put 7 limits in boat across two days and less than 6 hours last year. No Livescope required!

Livescope is a great tool but it isn’t going to be the end of fishing as we know it like many think lol

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
On a side note as long as there is size limits on lakes they will never be fished out because livescope exist.Not to mention I have about 7-8 big fisherman friends with various rigs for different species and what not.I know one of them has live scope.The stuff is just too expensive for most fisherman to mess with currently.Spider rigging works fine without it thus far 🤷🏻‍♂️
Food Cuisine Ingredient Dish Ray-finned fish

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
naw if you had reading comprehension I said I have killed bucks in Ms with a rifle that took way more work than deer I killed elsewhere because hunting areas aren’t equal.There are places that people hunt with a bow that present more shot opportunities with a bow on mature deer than others areas do with a gun.But because you can’t grasp that no hunting scenario is equal for everybody you read it how you want to
And to kill those same MS elusive bucks with a bow would be harder, not sure who can’t read!

·
Under appreciated
90,808 Posts
And to kill those same MS elusive bucks with a bow would be harder, not sure who can’t read!
WHat kind of bow? :)

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
That ain’t the point I’m saying hunting is what you make of it and just cause somebody kills one with a crossbow or a gun doesn’t mean they didn’t put in work.Not to mention you sure do love to pick up a gun at any given chance that it’s legal even tho nobody is forcing you to.You don’t have to use a crossbow or a gun ever that’s how it works,you get to decide.Ya know they call that freedom of choice,not sure you are aware of that

·
Under appreciated
90,808 Posts
That ain’t the point I’m saying hunting is what you make of it and just cause somebody kills one with a crossbow or a gun doesn’t mean they didn’t put in work.Not to mention you sure do love to pick up a gun at any given chance that it’s legal even tho nobody is forcing you to.You don’t have to use a crossbow or a gun ever that’s how it works,you get to decide.Ya know they call that freedom of choice,not sure you are aware of that
He is forced to use a gun, kinda like vaccines.

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
And your missing the point, he killed an a a solute giant, epic buck!!! Had he been using a bow it would be widely celebrated on an entirely different level! Had it been just a scotch bigger it would have eclipsed the Hanson buck and the method would not have matter at all, but would have been amazing had it been a bow and was the biggest ever.. if ands ands and buts!!! Great crossbow kill nonetheless!

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
And your missing the point, he killed an a a solute giant, epic buck!!! Had he been using a bow it would be widely celebrated on an entirely different level! Had it been just a scotch bigger it would have eclipsed the Hanson buck and the method would not have matter at all, but would have been amazing had it been a bow and was the biggest ever.. if ands ands and buts!!! Great crossbow kill nonetheless!
My point is I doubt he cares lol.Who really cares what they kill a 200 plus inch buck with.For example MS opens up rifle weekend before Thanksgiving.If I have a 170” deer on camera I’m surely not going try an kill it with a bow and I’ll be damn happy when the 7mm drops his arse and not have a care in the world.Some people just like killing deer and the challenge is trying to kill the big ones with whatever weapon you decide,the hard part is not shooting small ones I haven’t mastered that and prolly never will.Bow kills are sweet I won’t lie there but I have just as much fun dropping them with whatever most of the time more fun 🤷🏻‍♂️ Guess I’m just a killer 😎

·
Under appreciated
90,808 Posts
Nah, I don’t have anything against guns or crossbows, just that Mo had it right before they effed it up! That’s all!
Yet, you will think lesser of crossbow kills on the regular.

I really think you have a grudge or something. :D

Reactions: antlercrazed

·
Under appreciated
90,808 Posts
My point is I doubt he cares lol.Who really cares what they kill a 200 plus inch buck with.For example MS opens up rifle weekend before Thanksgiving.If I have a 170” deer on camera I’m surely not going try an kill it with a bow and I’ll be damn happy when the 7mm drops his arse and not have a care in the world.Some people just like killing deer and the challenge is trying to kill the big ones with whatever weapon you decide,the hard part is not shooting small ones I haven’t mastered that and prolly never will.Bow kills are sweet I won’t lie there but I have just as much fun dropping them with whatever most of the time more fun 🤷🏻‍♂️ Guess I’m just a killer 😎
The IL buck took three shots with a shotgun, I think only one of them hit it. Talk about some expert hunting prowess. :D

• Haha
Reactions: antlercrazed

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
The IL buck took three shots with a shotgun, I think only one of them hit it. Talk about some expert hunting prowess. :D
This years IL buck? Your intel is bad! 1at shot smoked him and never utilized the other two in the mag

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
The guy who killed this a country music song writer, already wrote a song about the kill

81 - 97 of 97 Posts