Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
LiveScope is a game changer. No doubt about that. I do think they will begin regulating it some in tournaments for sure.

Reactions: 20'

·
1,731 Posts
Nice twist!!
Sorry, I must have misunderstood you when you said a longbow and a compound shoot the same but a crossbow and a rifle shoot exactly the same . Is it more difficult to kill a buck with a crossbow than it is a rifle ? That’s the question dodger . It’s a yes or no answer .

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
Sorry, I must have misunderstood you when you said a longbow and a compound shoot the same but a crossbow and a rifle shoot exactly the same . Is it more difficult to kill a buck with a crossbow than it is a rifle ? That’s the question dodger . It’s a yes or no answer .
Peer down the scope and ease off the safety on both while having the offhand on the forearm. But, yes arrow deflection would be much more pronounced with a crossbow, do rifle is easier for sure. Just like a compound is a bit easier than a recurve due to the basic same reason as a xbow/gun….a little less distance

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
The dude smashed a giant, shoulda coulda woulda, but dang, I was hoping the panel might get it to the Nansen total, but 5 years is a long time to shrink a tad, not grow.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Lets make something clear,

Livescope is border line cheating.

Yea I said it.
I'd love to hear your reasoning on this. I'll be glad to ask questions on those reasons so you can explain them in further depth too. Livescope is great for singling out large fish for tournament guys but I don't understand why people think it's some big shot in the nuts to the average Joe who just goes fishing for fun. Everybody at the higher end of the tournament scale have it and yet certain people still dominate the fields. It's almost like you still have to know how to make the fish eat or something.....

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
T may have said it in the article or someone else may have mentioned it, but how many net 200”+ typical shave been officially entered in the record books, let’s assume this In bucks is official, which I think it is????

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
LiveScope is a game changer. No doubt about that. I do think they will begin regulating it some in tournaments for sure.
Maybe at the lower levels but I doubt it happens at the higher levels. Selling products is the main goal at the higher tiers. It's a marketing game more so than a fishing game. Besides, everybody at that level already has the same high end electronic setups so they are on an equal playing field from a gear standpoint.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I don't know. There are a lot of MS boys complaining about things for sure. Of course, they are also complaining about guides catching all the fish too. It would not surprise me in the least to see some sort of regulation or rule changes implemented at all.

What I am amazed at is the sheer amount of time it saves in finding and following fish. You might scan a dock that is loaded. Previously, you might shoot it and catch a half dozen or so and then move on. With LiveScope, you can really follow the fish and not have to waste as much time shooting to catch a limit.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
I’m sure the guys that used to fish tournaments with 70hp Johnson’s on the back of a 16ft boat prolly wish they had a 21xrs Bullet with a 250R that can go 87mph to where they wanna fish also. Technology will always make innovations all of it will be an advantage because the whole point of innovation is to solve a problem and make something easier or better.There is so much more skill to fishing than finding the fish even without a live scope most fisherman can identify structure and know where the fish will be.Getting them in the live well is where the skill comes into play

·
Under appreciated
90,808 Posts
You heard it here... a compound is just a "bit easier" than a longbow, and a longbow just has a "little" less effective range than a compound.

The hits keep on coming. :D

·
1,731 Posts
You heard it here... a compound is just a "bit easier" than a longbow, and a longbow just has a "little" less effective range than a compound.

It took some doin , but he finally said exactly what I wanted to hear 😆 Also a crossbow has a little less effective range than a rifle . I’ve never shot an antelope with a crossbow at 400+ yards like I’ve done with a rifle. Guess I’ll limit myself to 300 yards with a crossbow if I ever get a chance out west with one

·
Registered
24,194 Posts

a long bow is every bit as effective as a compound bow, but stay the course!

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
Imagine if you could fly around mile sections in your truck and Livescope a booner in the timber..
you essentially can now with the cell cameras! Heard the latest Mark Drury monster won't be eligible for BC since he openly stated he used the cell camera to choose the stand, free range farmers:)

·
Registered
560 Posts
I’m sure the guys that used to fish tournaments with 70hp Johnson’s on the back of a 16ft boat prolly wish they had a 21xrs Bullet with a 250R that can go 87mph to where they wanna fish also. Technology will always make innovations all of it will be an advantage because the whole point of innovation is to solve a problem and make something easier or better.There is so much more skill to fishing than finding the fish even without a live scope most fisherman can identify structure and know where the fish will be.Getting them in the live well is where the skill comes into play
It is not just about Bass tournaments. Granted, you are a professional and being able to use electronics that can let you know a fish is swimming towards your bait is asanine.

But

How long before we see crappie become scarce? Guys who just do not have the knowledge or skill busting limits because their screen lets them know 20 slabs are underneath where they just trolled.

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
It is not just about Bass tournaments. Granted, you are a professional and being able to use electronics that can let you know a fish is swimming towards your bait is asanine.

But

How long before we see crappie become scarce? Guys who just do not have the knowledge or skill busting limits because their screen lets them know 20 slabs are underneath where they just trolled.
these guys will defend it even with the fiash jumping into the boat becomes a reality (beside Asains carp)

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
i mean heck antlrecrazed killed bucks in MS with his rifle that were so smart and hard they couldnt be killed witha bow , but they were the same accomplishment:)

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
a long bow is every bit as effective as a compound bow, but stay the course!
trad equipment was effective for Mel Johnsion, you know the guy with the largest bow kill ever to walk the Earth!

·
Registered
32,610 Posts

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
I don't know. There are a lot of MS boys complaining about things for sure. Of course, they are also complaining about guides catching all the fish too. It would not surprise me in the least to see some sort of regulation or rule changes implemented at all.

What I am amazed at is the sheer amount of time it saves in finding and following fish. You might scan a dock that is loaded. Previously, you might shoot it and catch a half dozen or so and then move on. With LiveScope, you can really follow the fish and not have to waste as much time shooting to catch a limit.
Live scopers are still using side imaging to find schools of fish before they even drop the trolling motor. There is no way that you're going to be more efficient at finding fish with Livescope versus driving around 5mph and scanning a 200' section of water or a line of docks. Livescope shines AFTER you've found the fish and need to make the perfect presentation. Even then they aren't guaranteed to bite. Check out Mike Baker on YouTube. He crappie fishes on LoZ quite a bit and you would be amazed at the size of the crappie schools he finds and they just won't eat. When that happens you're best bet is to move on and find new fish and you will be doing that with side imaging. That is something you just learn from experience. A lot of guys with Livescope seem to think they can force every fish that swims in to eating and that isn't the case. I'm sure they feel great when they come back to the ramp without much to show for and the guy running a 10 year old livescope unit has a livewell full. I've been the latter many times. ;)

A lot of people cried that side imaging was cheating when it came out. People got over it eventually and the same thing will have with forward facing sonar. I think most people just like to whine bout things they don't have. BTW I don't have forward facing sonar either. It's not that I don't think it would be a nice tool to have but it's just not worth the cost for what it would do for me. I'm not having any problems bagging up fish as it is....

61 - 80 of 97 Posts