Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
Says the guy who is posts pics of himself with 2X the daily limit, not separate and identifiable. Now that's funny. 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Says the guy who is posts pics of himself with 2X the daily limit, not separate and identifiable. Now that's funny. 馃ぃ
My buddies limit has notches cut out of their wings. I can show you the remains of you would like. Assuming all the ***** and possums running around haven鈥檛 already ate the scraps. They are everywhere. Lol

Registered
My buddies limit has notches cut out of their wings. I can show you the remains of you would like. Assuming all the * and possums running around haven鈥檛 already ate the scraps. They are everywhere. Lol
Now that is funny. :LOL:
Again, congrats on the hunt and the good looking dogs.

I'll never understand why one section of sportsman would shade another section. Only thing I can figure is they're anti-trapping.

Registered
I'll never understand why one section of sportsman would shade another section. Only thing I can figure is they're anti-trapping.
Insert Crossbow or Creedmoor comment here鈥

As the wise Taylor Swift once tried to sing, 鈥渉aters gonna hate鈥

Reactions: callaojoe

M脙隆istir an pointe hocht.
Looks like a nice day afield. Good lookin dogs too. Hopin to do a South Carolina quail hunt in february.

Grrrrrrr
Well at least the trapping bs got ya some extra hits. Lol.

love the pics鈥 truly miss getting to hunt quail with regularity.

Registered
I truly believe we need to go back to the farming practices of the 60's and 70's. The habitat in the pictures looks just like the farms I lived on and hunted when I was a teenager. We always had several coveys of quail and a lot of rabbits too. And no, I didn't trap back then. :eek:馃ぃ. But we had Osage Orange fence rows for miles, un-mowed waterways, and lots of CRP.
The place I hunt now is all woods, hills, and rocks, no self-respecting quail would go anywhere near it but with a little habitat and trapping help it has become pretty dang good for deer and turkeys. (And trapping, Lol)
As much as I think you鈥檙e right and wish it would happen, it never will. Farmers today think they have to farm every square inch possible because of how expensive it is to make it as a farmer in todays markets. I mean just think of what they pay for land, fuel, seed, fertilizer, herb/pesticides, equipment. It鈥檚 insane.

Registered
Well at least the trapping bs got ya some extra hits. Lol.

love the pics鈥 truly miss getting to hunt quail with regularity.
Thank you for pointing out that the "trapping bs" is good for something other than just being part of a good wildlife management plan. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thank you for pointing out that the "trapping bs" is good for something other than just being part of a good wildlife management plan. :)
Look ..... I stated a proven fact on my post. You can have great bird populations without trapping. That is a fact. I never said don鈥檛 trap, trapping is a waste of time, trapping shouldn鈥檛 be done..... or anything like that. You come on here and dig up your old arguments with Hawk and get your sensitive trapping feeling hurt. Go ahead and put me on ignore so you will keep your sensitive trapping complex off my posts. Thanks

Reactions: jsr

Registered
Look ..... I stated a proven fact on my post. You can have great bird populations without trapping. That is a fact. I never said don鈥檛 trap, trapping is a waste of time, trapping shouldn鈥檛 be done..... or anything like that. You come on here and dig up your old arguments with Hawk and get your sensitive trapping feeling hurt. Go ahead and put me on ignore so you will keep your sensitive trapping complex off my posts. Thanks
Actually, the person to dig up old arguments is you, trolling with your first post by putting in the trapless ground comment and then following up with "if you build it they will come; comment". That was all you, all I did was respond.

My comments about trapping being part of a good management plan are proven fact as well.

My comment to Archer66 was done in a joking manner, thus the :).

If you don't want a response from a trapper, don't troll a trapper with your posts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Actually, the person to dig up old arguments is you, trolling with your first post by putting in the trapless ground comment and then following up with "if you build it they will come; comment". That was all you, all I did was respond.

My comments about trapping being part of a good management plan are proven fact as well.

My comment to Archer66 was done in a joking manner, thus the :).

If you don't want a response from a trapper, don't troll a trapper with your posts.
What I said was true. If you build it they will come. No one has to trap but if you like it go for it. Please ignore my posts moving forward as you can not handle jokes or true statements with out digging up your old anger towards Hawk.

Registered
I don't hold any grudges against your buddy, (you never did say if it was him you were hunting with? which would explain a lot of this), I do think he should see a professional about his mental health issues.

I reckon I can comment on whatever I would like to. (Sound familiar?)

If you don't make it a point to diss trapping in your posts, I will make it a point to not comment on your posts.
Sounds like a reasonable compromise don't you think?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I don't hold any grudges against your buddy, (you never did say if it was him you were hunting with? which would explain a lot of this), I do think he should see a professional about his mental health issues.

I reckon I can comment on whatever I would like to. (Sound familiar?)

If you don't make it a point to diss trapping in your posts, I will make it a point to not comment on your posts.
Sounds like a reasonable compromise don't you think?
I don鈥檛 hunt with Hawk. Have never met him.
Go ahead and point out where I dis trapping? To dis is to criticize. You read into my post as you still are in your feelings about Hawk and his arguments.
I love trapping. Used to trap some with my boy. Caught a few bobcats and such. But you don鈥檛 have to trap to have good bird numbers . That has been proven. Stay out of my posts until you get over your sensitivity.

Registered
Go ahead and point out where I dis trapping? To dis is to criticize. You read into my post as you still are in your feelings about Hawk and his arguments.
I love trapping. Used to trap some with my boy. Caught a few bobcats and such. But you don鈥檛 have to trap to have good bird numbers . That has been proven. Stay out of my posts until you get over your sensitivity.
:LOL: 馃ぃ馃憢

Registered
I never said you had to trap to have good bird numbers.
I said trapping is a good tool to use in a wildlife management plan. Whether you use it or not is totally up to you.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts