2 down, 2 to go

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by Heeler75, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Made the trip to the taxidermist tonight for the first 2. They're gonna be a tight fit on the walls I want them to go on.

The gemsbok's horns are 37" and the waterbuck are 28". It was interesting to say the least getting them in the car. :D

[file]143200[/file] [file]143201[/file] [file]143203[/file]

2. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    if you run outta room, i have a few walls theyde look great on:claphands:

they look awesome:cheers:

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just roll down the windows next time. :D

Great looking mounts!:claphands:

4. Heeler75

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Thanks Jeremy. These photo's were taken at the taxidermist's shop. He had some other really nice stuff there....full body leopard, full body gemsbok, full body Alaskan Dall Sheep, several whitetails and a couple of elk.

5. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Beautiful mounts....who is your taxidermist? He deserves credit for that beautiful work.:claphands::claphands:

6. [rquote=1864564&tid=129834&author=archer66]Beautiful mounts....who is your taxidermist? He deserves credit for that beautiful work.:claphands::claphands:[/rquote]

X2

:cheers:

7. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Active Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1864564&tid=129834&author=archer66]Beautiful mounts....who is your taxidermist? He deserves credit for that beautiful work.:claphands::claphands:[/rquote]

i think he told me dan galetti was doing his

8. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    gemsbok is beautiful man its making me second guess shooting a kudu when i go i think ill stick with kudu but dang that looks nice

9. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    what are the other 2 you got coming?

10. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    man i need to come check those guys out

11. Heeler75

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Yes, Dan Galetti here in KC is doing these for me. The two to get done yet are the springbok and impala.

Ryan, stay with the kudu. I still have nightmares about the one I missed. It may not hurt to have a gemsbok as a backup animal if the kudu doens't materialize.

12. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I like..I like......:2thumbsup:

13. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1864709&tid=129834&author=Heeler75]Yes, Dan Galetti here in KC is doing these for me. The two to get done yet are the springbok and impala.

Ryan, stay with the kudu. I still have nightmares about the one I missed. It may not hurt to have a gemsbok as a backup animal if the kudu doens't materialize. [/rquote]

yea i think i will second trip do a gemsbok...i wanna see how ur impala turns out one of the animals im going after

14. That gemsbok is beautiful. They are both awesome. I really wanna go to texas and kill me some exotics!

15. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1864744&tid=129834&author=Chad]That gemsbok is beautiful. They are both awesome. I really wanna go to texas and kill me some exotics![/rquote]

spend just as much if not more doing a fence hunt in the u.s. then if u went to africa for them

16. With travel and everything considered? Just figured it would be a lot cheaper without having to fly, and ship animals home. Just a dream anyway. My wife and kids make sure ill never be ab le to afford it.

17. TimberlandTaxidermy

TimberlandTaxidermy Member

Dec 4, 2006
    They look good. Dan is a good guy, and a good taxidermist.

18. Heeler75

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Chad, Ryan is right. When you get into the African animals or "super exotics" as they call them on the ranches, it's definitely cheaper to do a week or 10 day trip to Africa. I think some ranches in Texas charge close to a $6000 trophy fee just for a springbok. That's just to shoot the dang thing. If you do a lot of homework you can go to Africa for 7 days, shoot five animals and spend about $10-11k. That get's you everything, flights, taxidermy, the works.