Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great dayout, we probably saw a thousand at least flying and killed 10 with the last 2 being banded. This was our first major goose hunt of the season and it really paid off.

Boy oh boy the past week has seen a major difference in the birds in our area how are you guys doing? North, South?

This next month and a half of christmas break from school oughta be awesome!!! Huntin everyday for sure!

Pics coming once i get back home :D

Good luck everybody!

[Edited on 12-13-2009 by 10pointer]

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
:whistle:

·
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
st.charles county :D

[file]84081[/file]

[file]84082[/file]

bird on the far left on the truck bed was a monster. My buddy took it to the taxidermist and brad wieghed it in at 14 1/2 pounds today. Biggest bird hes ever mounted and hes nationally known. Boss HOGGGGGGGGGGG :cheers:

[Edited on 12-13-2009 by 10pointer]

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Very nice Jason!

I hope to finalize some property in the bottoms soon...
geese everywhere and no where to hunt em at! :mad2:

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
And back atcha!

If all works out, I'll be out in the bottoms tomorrow evening after work. Fingers are crossed!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
:bowing: :banana-man-yeah: Good work 10! That sure looks like a BUNCH of fun!

That one goose IS huge! :eek:

Parker

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
What the heck! That biggun must have looked like a blimp blocking the sun! Yikes!!!

:eek:

I don't know if I would have had the mindset to pull the trigger.....

·
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh it was a piggggg, last year we killed another monster like that we named "goosezilla", but i should have had him mounted. Ill post a pic. Brad the taxidermist doesn't even have a head form anywhere near big enough so he has to custom make it . Its neck was literally was double the circumference of any of the other birds.

Hope we can bag a few more bigguns and I can put one on the wall....hope the wall holds lol :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow! That goose is ridiculously big! :eek:: You sure he wasn't eating golf balls at the local golf course? :rof2:

[Edited on 12-16-2009 by Ranger482]

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
that bird on the left is a freakin monster goose. never seen anything like that before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts