Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time yesterday hunting with my friends. We had a blast hunting a new farm that we've never been to before. Saw all sorts of game from quial to turkey which flew out bout 10ft in front of us. Also saw One deer run out not but 20ft away. Very nice farm with alot of different cover. I enjoyed walking the property. I was looking for a shed but had no luck. Did see lots of deer sign but no shed.

My leah dog retrieved several rabbits for us and also managed to catch one. Daisy had jumped one and the rabbit thought he was sneaky and hid in a hole but my leah snatched him up and brought him to me.

Some of what we were hunting in and it was pretty thick

[file]94235[/file]

[file]94237[/file]

[file]94239[/file]

I really liked this area. had lots of rabbit sign and deer sign

[file]94241[/file]

The days haul. That's Brad on the left and it was his first time killing a rabbit. He ended up with 4 and also killed the first rabbit of the morning with one shot.

[file]94243[/file]

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and we got one fox squirrel which took me 20 minutes to skin. yeah no more squirrels for us.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
[rquote=1581581&tid=109796&author=Joeyman]and we got one fox squirrel which took me 20 minutes to skin. yeah no more squirrels for us. [/rquote]

lol joey next one you get dont think like skinning a deer,
cut that sucker across his back just thru the skin, grab one piece in each hand and pull opposite directions it'll come off pretty easily.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1581678&tid=109796&author=hunter7x][rquote=1581581&tid=109796&author=Joeyman]and we got one fox squirrel which took me 20 minutes to skin. yeah no more squirrels for us. [/rquote]

lol joey next one you get dont think like skinning a deer,
cut that sucker across his back just thru the skin, grab one piece in each hand and pull opposite directions it'll come off pretty easily. [/rquote]

thats exactly what I did/tried. And there was no way I could pull the fur off the meat. No way. I had one person holding and I was pulling as hard as I could and it wouldn't budge. They are tuff to clean. We got a knife and skinned him like a deer and it went quicker. It was a big male fox squirrel. He was tough to clean. That was the second fox squirrel I've ever cleaned and the first one was tougher than this one.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
He ended up with 4 and also killed the first rabbit of the morning with one shot.

how many shots does it take to normally kill a rabbit???:rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just depends I guess. sometimes the first shot can wound them. I've had to shoot at them 2 or 3 times before they'd quit trying to crawl away using their front legs making their way to a hole at the base of a tree. He shot once and stopped it dead cold that is what I meant. Sorry I didn't make it more clear for you. It was his first time rabbit hunting over my hounds and so it was nice to see that and I was glad to help put him on his first rabbit hunt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.