1st Turkey Season/Or is it?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Nicholas, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    So we were due Easter Sunday, he is still in the oven. Heart rate fine, ultra sound fine, baby is fine. Observation tomorrow, Tues next week admittance to St. Lukes if he still does not come on his own, then C section wednesday. My dilemma, go hunting locally like my wife says to for my first time and bring my cell phone or hang out with her and wait for the little buckaroo to come on his own time? What do you folks think!? Decisions, decisions, BTW, my wife is awesome with whatever decision I have, just better have reception wherever I go! Looks like my Tournament in Des Moines is off this weekend.....
    :banghead:

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    As bad as you may want to turkey hunt I say stay home with the wife. It'll pay for years to come.:) I've lived through the birth of 3 children and this is experience talking.

Jack

3. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Be there for the whole event! She may not voice it but sbh needs your support!:dancin::dancin:

4. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    We've got a baby due May 24. I'm on a self-imposed short leash from the end of next week until it decides to make it's appearance. I've hunted the last 22 turkey seasons straight. I won't mind a bit missing this one if I have to.

5. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Thru 3 girls and 2 grandkids, better be there, not something ya want to miss. I'd even have to give up a whitetail trip for that. Good Luck:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sounds like good advice above, Nicholas....There will be alot more seasons to come!!!!

7. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Looks like I may be missin out on my first season to be Spring 2006, I think I will go see if the little missy wants to go on the treadmill!!

8. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Nicholas think of all the money yer gonna save by not turkey hunting.;) Many times when a woman says YES she definitely means NO:boohoo:

Jack

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Goshdang....ya gots me again, Jack.....too good...lol

10. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Brad, you've been there aincha?:whip:

Jack:cheers:

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

OHheckyea!!!!! There is no doubt about it....the words YES and NO, in a woman's world are quite interchangeable....lol.....and then there's the whole, "why can't we just snuggle".....hehehe

12. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Why can't we just snuggle??:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Well afterwards maybe. If I don't fall alseep.:dancin:

Jack

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Lol....YAWN.....I'm tired sweetie.....lol

14. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    OK, now let me get this straight, when she said no to my getting a new bow AND shotgun, she really meant yes!?
    :banana:
    She is right next to me on her lap top while I am on mine! Just browsing the net!

15. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO

:peepwall: yes :peepwall:

16. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    Aint that the truth.
    :cheers:

17. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    And if she says NO she usually means not only NO but HELL NO!!:boohoo:

Jack:rotfl:

18. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :eek: I better learn that one quick! Thanks for the pointers Jack! :cheers:

Parker

19. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Parker I have been married three times. I guess ya could say I never learned to listen or understand what the word No meant.:roll2:

Jack

20. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Still learning...........