Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our event was a great success for 2010! I hope that 2011 will bring even more excitement and member participation!

So we begin our story with Agent Chris Doran checking our tags at Rudolf Bennit. Agent Doran was very friendly and we were glad to have him there. We invited him back for lunch but he was more than likely busy as he didn't return.

BowhuntKS returned with 1 tree rat, but was convinced he would have taken more if he had been using the shotgun. Everyone else returned with 0. I saw 4 deer and 3 rats, but would of had a better chance at 2 of the deer with my bow than the tree rats.

At 10 a.m. we all made it back to the lake parking lot, SHEDHEAD was already unloaded and was heating the oil for cooking up the pheasant, turkey, deer and taters. His son Buck was along to help out Dad. The vittles were great! SHEDHEAD is an awesome cook and he made it look easy!

Around Noon our 2 special guests arrived. Mrb and lma. We enjoyed having them and learned a few things from the old man as he often refers to himself. Here are some pics up to this point.

From left to right: 7foot, BowhuntKS, Z-boy, Z boys dad and DForbis
[file]93808[/file]

7foot and Deerslayer75
[file]93810[/file]

Buck
[file]93812[/file]

Buck and lma x2
[file]93814[/file]

[file]93815[/file]

Master Chef SHEDHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

[file]93819[/file]

[file]93821[/file]

[file]93823[/file]

Mrb aka "The Boss"

[file]93825[/file]

Last but not least THE Z BOYS!!!!
[file]93827[/file]

At the end of the day we had 9 tree rats and 2 rabbits. FiremanBrad showed up but avoided the camera some how. The rabbit story is kind of a funny one and someone may want to tell it since I was still in the woods lookin for rats.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
9 rats, two rabbits and a Z-boy to boot!

[file]93829[/file]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Z-BOY had a blast, I'm glad I took him. He really liked all the guys there and took a real liking to bowhuntKS and MrB. We are both looking forward to 2011. A thank you goes out to MWT for the opportunity to get together with other hunters and BTH for putting this together:claphands::claphands::claphands:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Day 2 1-31-2010

This day began for me meeting member golfnut1969 at McDonalds. We then proceeded to DForbis's house to pick up BowhuntKS and deerslayer75. While we waited for Gamegetter to arrive I snapped a few photos with one being the sunrise.

[file]93845[/file]

BowhuntKS, deerslayer75 and Bowtechian extending his bi pod!
[file]93847[/file]

Gamegetter arrived shortly there after. Gamegetter and BowhuntKS went to Gamegetters farm while the rest of us stayed put at our farm. Bowtechian and BowhuntKS did make two trips in the woods before Gamegetter arrived but didn't bring anything back. Golfnut1969 headed out and we didn't see him again until 1230. He was shooting at em for sure! I took deerslayer75 to an area where I had been very successful in years past, but we didn't see any. I did snap this photo though.
[file]93849[/file]

Around 1130 I fired up the fryer to cook the game SHEDHEAD was so generous to provide. I must say I can't cook like SHEDHEAD, but then again we did have CHEFTECHIAN aka Bowtechian to help. Deerslayer cut up all the taters! Thanks! LMa, Gamegetter and BowhuntKS arrived around 12 for lunch. Lma brought us some needed rations aka Gatorade and Winston Lights. Thanks a bunch! Here are my lunch time pics!

BowhuntKS, deerslayer75, Bowtechian, golfnut1969
[file]93851[/file]
deerslayer75 and Bowtechian
[file]93854[/file]
golfnut1969 arriving back at camp. We thought we were going to have to send a search party.
[file]93856[/file]
Gamegetter
[file]93858[/file]
lma and Gamegetter
[file]93860[/file]

After lunch the boys from the west side, BowhuntKS and deerslayer75 headed west.

We had a bit of a shooting competition again but my superior equipment with inferior Remington ammo let me down. Thanks to Gamegetter for bring the target, I will have to get me one of those!

Gamegetter and lma soon headed down the road leaving Bowtechian, golfnut1969 and I. We headed out around 230 to look for more rats. After finding a spot I set down and it wasn't long before Bowtechian was shooting up the forest! I saw 2 rats and fired and took 1. About that time DForbis sent me a text saying he was heading over so I left Bowtechian and golfnut1969 to kill the rats in that area. Met DForbis back at camp and we headed out to another good location. D fired twice and I fired five but only hit one. Saw many rats just didn't have clear shots at them.

Here is Bowtechian and DForbis at the end of hunting.

[file]93862[/file]

The days take

[file]93864[/file]

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grand total for the weekend was 19 tree rats wasted and 2 bunnies!

King of the Tree Rats goes to BowhuntKS with 8 kills including 1 fox rat!
BTH and Bowtechian tied for second with 4 kills each!
golfnut1969 in fourth with 3 kills, including 2 fox rats!

King of Guns goes to the 20ga of BowhuntKS with 7 of his 8 kills.
The remaining rats all but 1 were taken by 17 HMR's, so those of you with a 22 let that be known!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this event. I had a great time and look forward to 2011 when we do it again!

Mark you calenders now for January 29th and 30th 2011 for the 2nd Annual Save a Shed Shoot a Squirrel Shootout!

BTH

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,218 Posts
Looks a good time had by all! May have to try for next year.

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Had so much BTH...I've already marked the calendar for next year. Honestly though those squirrels on the first day were harder hunting than I've ever done for deer. Maybe we need to start baiting for squirrels early next fall. :claphands: Next year I'll be packing a 17 like you all...but I'll still have the shotgun in the truck just in case:D

You forgot to mention that King of the Rabbits goes to Z-Boy:trophy:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking we all need a combo gun. Like 22-410, I could of limited out yesterday if I had a shotgun and a rifle both. Those rats at Bennitt are jumpy that's for sure.

YES and CONGRATS TO THE RABBIT KING! Z BOY he was on safari!

BTH:cheers:

·
11,357 Posts
It was a good time that is for sure.... Met a few new members and got to visit with some that I have met before. Talking with everyone was great!! I REALLY enjoyed the food Shedhead made, it was AWESOME. Good to get to talk with MRB & lma too!!:D:cheers:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
It is on the calendar even if I have to get a rental car. I was in a bad mood all weekend and my wife got sick of hearing about the tree rat party i was missing. Glad everyone had a fun & safe adventure

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1578414&tid=109608&author=BigPunkus]Looks like great times were had by all!! Wish I could've been there guys![/rquote]

I should have came thru and picked u up on Saturday, but you woulda kept me up wayyyy too late...LOL:rof2::cheers::wave:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh we had a blast for sure! Wish more folks could have made it down. Spent a lot of time getting the special use permit, then really didn't need it, but life happens and I understand that.

Thanks once again to those who did make it! We have memories now that we did not before and we cannot put a price on them. I made new friends and that is always a BONUS! You boys are welcome anytime at my house and I hope we can do it again soon!

BTH

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You should come! The guy from Topeka made it! Next year I am going to work on getting some donations for trophies. Like a trophy for the folks who traveled the farthest, one for the "Squirrel King" and anything else I can think of.

BTH

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.