1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lerado(sold)

Discussion in 'For Sale Archives' started by BIG OL AL, Oct 26, 2010.

1. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    I have no need for it anymore as I have 4 vehicles and the Jeep just sits. I hate to get rid of it, but it is the oldest of the cars I have. Jeep is in pretty good shape. Mileage is high 236xxx, V8 Motor is strong. All Wheel drive.Transmission was remanufactured and has a extra cooler for the tranny to keep it from ever overheating again.
    Body is in great shape. Has some minor rust above the windshield. Seats are in great shape. Dash has a crack in it.
    Has power driver seat, cruise, moon roof, power windows and locks. Side mirrors are heated. I will miss the heated mirrors the most this winter.
    Blue book is something like 26XX. I will take less than that.
    VIN # 1J4GZ58Y0RC135156
    I would have posted pictures here, but I am still unable to get into the Photot Gallery.
    Here is the add on Craigslist.
    Jeep on Craigslist

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    man 1894 thats like prehistoric

3. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    Dang bet that thing has stone tires.:rof2:
    Just kiddin,Free bump.

4. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    My eyes are getting bad! That 8 sure looked like a 9 to me! Thanks for catching that guys!

5. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    No one needs an old Jeep? Make me an offer!

6. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    I'll take $1500 for it! Anybody???

7. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    If u could get me some pics i might be intrested if it runs good and has no mechanical problems for 1200

8. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Click on the link above to look at it on Craigslist. It runs fine, but needs a windshield($250) and needs some exhaust work. I have not gotten any quotes on the exhaust.

9. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    Any pics of the inside? My daughter is looking for something to drive back and forth to work.Does it use oil?

10. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    It has a crack in the dash, seats are in great shape and both are electric. The head liner is coming down a bit. Back doors stick in cold weather. Carpet has some bad spots on it. I can't get the back hatch open anymore either. I don't know if it's the latch or what. 3 years ago I shot a 10 pointer and that is when I found out the hatch didn't open anymore. So I layed the back seats down and put a tarp inside and drug the deer in from the drivers side. :D It would of made a great video. Once the deer was in I fell out of the other side.
    Okay back to buiss. When I drove it full time (before gas went sky high) I would put on a minumum of 250 a week (it got 14.5mpg). That was just going back and forth to work. Weekends it either sat or went on a trip. Most miles are highway. I would put in a quart about three to four weeks or maybe even 5 weeks, depending on how I drove and how much I drove. When I started it a few weeks ago after it sat I had to put in some fuel additive to get it to run good. It needs to be ran bad. But with the exhaust the way it is, I am kind of worried about getting a ticket. I guess I need to get an estimate on that. I did calll sevrveral places about the windshield and it is $250. I do know where there is a 96 grand cherokee in a junk yard that has a perfect windsheild in it. I thought about attempting to take it out and put it in mine. But not real sure how to do it and scared it would leak.
    So it needs a bit of work only because it doesn't get driven much and I have neglested it the last year. With winter coming in I am alomost tempted to keep the thing and sell one of my wifes cars. She has a 97 Monte Carlo two door. If she keeps it we will need tires on it. That is one of the things we have on our list if we sell the Jeep. Then we have a Sebring that needs exhaust and a ball joint. So I need to sell one so I can fix the others.

11. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Okay I will take $900 for the Jeep! Anybody? I hate to sell it for that, but I need money!

12. bgctrading

bgctrading Member

Sep 6, 2010
    I wish you were closer to Springfield. I would jump on that.