Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Marlin 17hmr to Colorado with me, did a little gopher shootin!!! These critters are a miniature prairie dog, built the same, but only about 6" tall when sittin up. They dig "towns" all over the place too. I culled the population down just a wee bit while I was there!!! The 17 gr. ballistic tips were the best, tried some tnt hollow points too, but they wouldn't give the required "ratrobatics"...lol. Some of em got some big air too!!! Most shots were inside 30 yds, longest was not quite 100 yds.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
whacked them for sure

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
I cut a Richardson's Ground Squirrel completely in two during the PD trip last June. Those guys are LITTLE compared to a PD, though, like those gophers of yours. Neat little rifles these HMRs are, aren't they?:)

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by glennasher1
I cut a Richardson's Ground Squirrel completely in two during the PD trip last June. Those guys are LITTLE compared to a PD, though, like those gophers of yours. Neat little rifles these HMRs are, aren't they?:)
No doubt about it glenn!!! Colorado small game license was 11 bucks the first day and 5 for every day after....I made good on me money....lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.