Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sunday morning im sitting in my stand. I had been there since before daylight.. Come about 9 AM i hear 2 shots fired that couldnt have been more than a few hundred yards away from my stand and located on my property!!!! :mad2::mad2: so i sit there pondering for about a minute then i hear 4 more shots come from the same spot!! A minute or so later, 4 more shots, another minute goes by and i hear 4 more shots, and a couple minutes later i hear 3 more shots!!! By this time my hunt is completely ruined and I am ticked to no end!! The only thing i can figure is the first 2 shots were because the hunter seen a deer and must have missed... then i figued the rest of the shots were because he was tring to figure out why he missed and started sighting in his rifle right in the middle of my property in the middle of a perfectly good hunting day!!!! Needless to say i waited for about 30 minutes after i heard the last gun fire and started walking around to look for whoever this was.. I never found the hunter or figured out who it was but i did find his stand location with the stand still hanging in the tree.. No name or anything on the stand.. I dont know what to do about it.. And man let me tell ya.. 17 shots in the middle of rifle season on my property that you dont have permission to be on will really tick a man off.. I think this will officially be my last rifle season.. Strictly Bow Hunting for me from here on out. Im puttin the rifles away...

Sorry.. im off my :soapbox: now

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,970 Posts
I wonder what he was shooting at? Any trees shot up?

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1483174&tid=103696&author=Big L]If he does show up its still yours:cheers:[/rquote]

No.... If he does show up you know who it is..........:claphands:

·
Trapper Groupie
7,725 Posts
[rquote=1483182&tid=103696&author=Gakic24][rquote=1483174&tid=103696&author=Big L]If he does show up its still yours:cheers:[/rquote]

No.... If he does show up you know who it is..........:claphands:[/rquote]

Yep ya know who they are and thanks for the stand,nice of ya to leave it behind while trespassing:stickfight:

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
how do you not take the stand that was illegally placed on your property. sounds like a gift..... at the very least go grab the stand and leave a note. win win as far as that is concerned

·
247 Posts
One of many reasons I hate gun season.....along with people riding atv's to and from stand, people hunting fence lines, people doing deer drives with atv's, people sighting in rifles at deer camp, people killing big bucks by pure luck, shooting deer in the headlights, trespassing, shooting at deer running at 400 yards, it's brown it's down...

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
What a story. Dude trespasses:mad2:, misses a deer?:stickfight:, then spends $20 is shells trying to figure out why only to give up and go home.:rof2: and leaves his stand in the tree he was poaching from:stickfight::stickfight:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.