Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure but I would not be suprised if some money changed hands. I particularly like the tests where they blow stuff up with the different ammo. Watch the video of the diet coke can. The wetted paper towels are cool as well.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
Al posts over on the GoGoVarmintGo board, and I can promise you NO money changed hands, it's all on HIM. He's a heckuva nice guy, but he gets nothing for his good work, just the fun of doing it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by glennasher1
Al posts over on the GoGoVarmintGo board, and I can promise you NO money changed hands, it's all on HIM. He's a heckuva nice guy, but he gets nothing for his good work, just the fun of doing it.
All the better then. From the sounds of his article he looks like the kinda guy I'd like to go shootin with! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
i wish he would have included the 20 gr larger game bullet by hornady in there as well as i would like to see how much more it would have penitrated. it is suppose to be the toughest .17 out there right now. i was pleasantly surprised by the toughness of the TNT's as i was led to beleive they where very explosive. they performed better than i would have thought on penetration.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
He did those tests some years ago, BEFORE the 20s came out, Jim. He's had them posted up over there for at least three years. Why not do your own testing, there's nothing like learning it on your own?
I have never tried any of the 20s until last weekend, when we shot some of my buddy's loads (20s) in my rifle. My Marlin didn't gag and puke on 'em, but the 17 VMs shot better, (and are better for the PDs I like to shoot, anyway). The way I see it, the HMR was built around the 17s, and the 17s are what I'll use. For squirrels and stuff I eat, I'll use the .22 LR, anyway, it tears them up a LOT less.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
glen. i intend to do just that :eek: i hadn't notice when this comparison had been done. i'm getting out with some buddies mid aug and the .17 will be going along, i will try to remember the papertowels for the trip and we'll see what kind of results i get.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by JimH
glen. i intend to do just that :eek: i hadn't notice when this comparison had been done. i'm getting out with some buddies mid aug and the .17 will be going along, i will try to remember the papertowels for the trip and we'll see what kind of results i get.
Rock on-- Don't forget the diet coke can, lead block, lead ball and most importantly--your camera!

:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.