Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I never turn down the chance to shoot a new bow and today was the Hoyt Carbon Matrix

The bow was a 28/60 with only a biscuit on it. It felt not like any other kinda like a feather. It is just a few oz lighter that the AM but it feels like a pound. The draw was really smooth seemed smoother than my AM but they are the same cams and I didn't do a side by side test. Very quiet no shock and it held really well. I'm happy I finally found one :). To shoot that is. I may pick one up in a few years when the $ goes down

[file]83190[/file]
[file]83192[/file]

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Nice!

BTH

·
Crossbow supporter
32,066 Posts
Just as soon as I win the powerball... :claphands:

Oh yeah, I need to play the powerball... :shrug:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1502742&tid=104859&author=Hunter71]nice BUT thats ALOT of money[/rquote]

It's just a couple mortgage payments:whiteflag:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,954 Posts
[rquote=1502717&tid=104859&author=Refuze2falo] I may pick one up in a few years when the $ goes down[/rquote]

Yeah but by that time there will be a new called the Element Matrix XVIII or some such....

I love new bows but keep myself reigned in pretty good....my Vectrix replaced my Reflex Extreme, which I hated pretty much right away. Not sure why I bought it. Really happy with the Vectrix....prolly won't upgrade for at least another month...er..5 years or so.

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1502827&tid=104859&author=archer66][rquote=1502717&tid=104859&author=Refuze2falo] I may pick one up in a few years when the $ goes down[/rquote]

Yeah but by that time there will be a new called the Element Matrix XVIII or some such....

I love new bows but keep myself reigned in pretty good....my Vectrix replaced my Reflex Extreme, which I hated pretty much right away. Not sure why I bought it. Really happy with the Vectrix....prolly won't upgrade for at least another month...er..5 years or so.[/rquote]

Well if ya change your mind Chris that new Carbon Matrix is only about 19 miles from your house:D

·
Grrrrrrr
29,954 Posts
Hmmmmm....Butch's I presume? Were you in the are this week?

·
Grrrrrrr
29,954 Posts
Me too...a few miles east on the river.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
hhhmmm some people just kill me.:mad2::mad2:

Im glad you posted this refuze... some people didnt believe my post about it.. looks like i was right about the price after all.... :cheers: Good post

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
:cool3:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
has anyone read the warnings and disclaimers that come with this bow?
it will creak, crack and pop randomly
the slightest drop can send it to the scrap pile
nick the limb, or riser...and its basicaly trash
awefuly expensive hunting tool to be treated like a priceless tiffany lamp IMO

CARBON MATRIX SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS AND INFORMATION: 1) Composite constructed components, such as the Carbon Matrix bow riser, may show small surface separations in the paint and/or top surface layer of the construction. This is a typical composite condition which may become more visible as the bow is used over time. These small separations are considered normal and non- structural provided that they are under 1/8 inch in length and less than 1/32 inch wide at its widest location. These are typically not fractures or breaks in the carbon fibers themselves and do not represent a struc- tural failure.
For separations that are larger than 1/8 inch in length and/ or wider than 1/32 inch wide, the bow should be returned to Hoyt for inspection and test- ing. (See warranty information for instructions on returning product to Hoyt). If the bow is found to have a structural failure, the riser will be repaired or replaced under the normal conditions of Hoyt’s Limited Lifetime Warranty. If the bow has no structural failure, the bow will be returned and can resume normal use.

2) Extreme care should be taken to avoid impact damage to the Carbon Matrix riser.
The Carbon Matrix is designed to withstand high stress flexing and high stress loading that would be associated with normal use and function of the bow.
However, in general, composite structures do not with- stand high load impact such as being dropped from a tree, or by having some other object impact the structure. In the event that your bow does encounter a surface impact, you must carefully inspect the riser for damage.
If impacted, inspect the area for visible broken fibers, multitude of separation cracks, cracking that appears to resemble a spider-web, dented surface, or a soft flexible surface at the impact point. If any of the above conditions are apparent or suspect, the bow should be considered damaged and should not be used any further.
In the event that the bow was exposed to an impact and damage is evident as described above, you can return the bow to Hoyt for an evaluation. (See warranty informa- tion for instructions on returning product to Hoyt). If the riser is determined to be damaged and not fit for use, Hoyt may offer a replacement of damaged components at the owner’s expense. Damage, including impact damage, caused accidentally, from misuse of the product, or from use not associated with normal archery practices, is NOT covered under the Hoyt Limited Lifetime warranty.

3) The Carbon Matrix riser, or any other component of any Hoyt bow, should not be modified in any way. Drilling holes, cutting, filing, sanding, or other forms of physical modifications to any Hoyt bow or component will dam- age the bow and could possibly cause harm or injury to the owner or bystanders. Any modification to any bow or component will immediately void any and all warranty for the bow and/or component.

4) The Carbon Matrix riser is completed using various aluminum components that are either attached by adhe- sive or by mechanical fasteners such as screws to the exterior of the riser. Any attempt to remove any of the aluminum factory attached components will immediately void any and all warranty for the bow and/or components. Do not attempt to remove or adjust the security screws attaching the stabilizer mount or the sight/arrow rest mounting insert.

5) Care should be given to not expose the Carbon Matrix bow to any solvents, lubricants, or other substances that contain silicone as the structure could be weakened.

6) Care should be given to not expose the Carbon Matrix to extreme heat, flame, or other adverse conditions that could possibly damage the bow.

7) The Carbon Matrix comes with a factory installed wood grip. The grip is attached to the carbon riser using glue or other means of adhering the grip to the riser. The grip is not intended to be removed. Any damage caused to the grip or the riser due to removal will immediately void the warranty for the damaged part.

8) Composite constructed components, such as the Carbon Matrix bow riser, may exhibit a creaking sound during the first few shots when the bow is new. This creaking sound could come and go for the first few 100 shots. This is a normal condition for Composite struc- tures and is not a structural failure.
If the Carbon Matrix has been stored for a prolonged period of time without being used (several weeks at a time), the bow may exhibit creaking sound again for the first few shots. This is a normal condition for composite structures and is not a structural failure.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
5) Care should be given to not expose the Carbon Matrix bow to any solvents, lubricants, or other substances that contain silicone as the structure could be weakened.

6) Care should be given to not expose the Carbon Matrix to extreme heat, flame, or other adverse conditions that could possibly damage the bow.

So....no winter or summer shooting then? And ya better not lube up an arrow at a shoot with this bow, don't want any lubricants gettin' on there...nice bow though.:scared:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
[rquote=1503003&tid=104859&author=BigPunkus]5) Care should be given to not expose the Carbon Matrix bow to any solvents, lubricants, or other substances that contain silicone as the structure could be weakened.

So....no winter or summer shooting then? And ya better not lube up an arrow at a shoot with this bow, don't want any lubricants gettin' on there...nice bow though.:scared:[/rquote]

better not even take it into your bow room. any lubricant spray..spraed in a room stays airborne for a long time in little particles. talk to any bodyman whos had wd40 or anything like it sprayed in a bodyshop near a paint booth. they wont be smiling tellin you the story. :peepwall: a glass case seems to be the best place for a bow like this. imagine that buck of a lifetime, 15 yards broadside. you havent shot your bow in a week or so..you get ready..draw back..and CCRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAK:rof2::hysterical:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Have at it ! I want a durable hunting bow , not something I have to pamper .

[Edited on 12-8-2009 by Radar]

·
Registered
18,570 Posts
Is the matrix disclaimer any different than the other bows?? I don't think leaving any in the car with the windows rolled up and 100 degrees out is good on any bow. I take that as the temp extreme they are talking about. If they are just talking about winter and summer then the bow should have never been sent out for sale IMO.

[Edited on 12/15/2009 by letemgrow]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts