15 freakn yards!!!

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by beanpile, Nov 6, 2010.

1. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

went out this morning..not much of a morning hunter but with this cool weather and the movement i have been seeing I said WHAT THE HECK!

so there i sit and a decent 120 class 8 pointer comes walking behind me so I stand up trying to use the shag bark hickory as a block and either t was my movement or the wrapper of my Cliff Bar when i leaned yo against a side rail making noise but when I looked at him again he was looking right up at me ..

this year being my first year bow hunting I have learned some hard lessons.

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    Happens to alot of people! I try to stay standing up as much as possible, and I also keep my bow in hand the whole time I am in the stand. Just takes a tiny bit of movement to get busted, being prepared 100% of the time can make a big difference. Chris

3. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    It is far harder than with the gun. Stay with it! To be honest I sam gonna welcome the gun very soon, mature bucks are staying away from my sets!

4. poppachuck

poppachuck New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    even if ya do every thing right with a bow you can still get busted -- takes very little to mess ya up sometimes.... good luck n stay on it beanpile

5. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Being prepared for the deer to come in is half the work already. It takes time to stand up and turn into the position you need to be in. It's so hard to stand there all the time, but I'd stand as much as you can. Time it --- if deer tend to come through between 8-9am then stand for that hour.

6. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    I have shot plenty sitting down, of course they need tome frim my left somewhat!

7. MOhunter46

MOhunter46 New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Sedalia,MO
    Thats bowhunting for ya, gotta love the challenge!

8. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    hardd lessons but fun:D

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I see most of my deer in the morning between 8 and 10 it seems. Unless I hear them chasing those things can put the sneak on you easy.

This morning it wasn't a Cliff Bar but a pocket full of Peanut Butter Bars for me but it turned out to be a spike so he got a pass anyways.

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    After gun season I'm going to be out there with my bow, I need the meat.

11. No big deal bean. Just watch uncle ted and pick up some tips. :D

12. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Lost a main frame nine with a double main beam one time like that, he was 3yrds and when I drew my bow I bumped the edge of the stand, live and learn I guess, but sometimes it really hurts :whinging:

13. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

went out last night 3 Does & a nice 8 pointer coulda been same Buck just out of range

Yep its fun . headn out again real soon.