Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no telling how far me and my cousin walked this three day weekend. walked all our farms fence lines and my cousin lost his phone, we found it the next day and it still worked!
anyways we found a dead squireel,armiadillo, and **** all dead within a few hundreds yards, no bulletholes, any ideas wat killed them, and anymore shed hunting tips?:confused:

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
You all sure lucked out finding his phone with all that ground covered! Quite an assortment of dead critters.....

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
I'm like you, I find everything there is to find, but sheds. I found a deer ear a week or so ago. No other remains of the deer, just the ear. I also found a squirrel jaw bone.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
have you read SHEDHEAD's tips post at the top of this forum?
If you have read that info and still cant find sheds on your place, its possible that the bucks just are not spending the winter on your ground.
One of the best farms i hunt during the rut, almost never has any sheds on it because the bucks just dont spend much time on the farm in the winter.
Thats probably not what you wanted to hear but its the best explanation i have for ya.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1590642&tid=110387&author=SHEDZILLA]have you read SHEDHEAD's tips post at the top of this forum?
If you have read that info and still cant find sheds on your place, its possible that the bucks just are not spending the winter on your ground.
One of the best farms i hunt during the rut, almost never has any sheds on it because the bucks just dont spend much time on the farm in the winter.
Thats probably not what you wanted to hear but its the best explanation i have for ya.[/rquote]i sure did!!! there just not much cropfields fro deer around our place, so i really dont know wat the deer are doing i have found tons of sighn in the woods and i hav pics of 3 or 4 bucks without horns, and one with one side, but i'll be out there again soon!:superman:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I can say that last weekend I saw at least 6-7 bucks with both sides still on. But while I was doing that, my brother's wife found a shed from this season not 12 miles from me. So I know they are not all on the ground yet by any means. I'm not quite far enough south to find many armadillos so maybe things are different there?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If you dont have any ag fields, and you do have cam pics of bucks that have shed, then i would be spending alot of time looking on the south facing timber ridges/fingers about 1/3 way from the top.
I have found a fair amount of sheds in bigger timber just over the lip of south facing hardwood ridges

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1590661&tid=110387&author=SHEDZILLA]If you dont have any ag fields, and you do have cam pics of bucks that have shed, then i would be spending alot of time looking on the south facing timber ridges/fingers about 1/3 way from the top.
I have found a fair amount of sheds in bigger timber just over the lip of south facing hardwood ridges

Good luck![/rquote]thank sz sounds good! maybe by next weekend the snow will be gone so i'll be able to see them in the woods a little better

·
Registered
513 Posts
Cardiac, i feel your pain. My neighbor and i walked for 4 hrs today and didn't find a single thing. Startin to think it's a lost cause.:whinging:

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Give it time...I went out Sunday morning in an area where I know there was a least 20 different bucks at the end of December feeding and only found one 6pt shed from last year that was all chewed up. Checked some trail cams for the first time in 2 weeks on Sunday afternoon and still have a lot of deer sporting both sides. Another two weeks and it'll be warmer and easier shed hunting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.