Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has be a battle through th erain and mental mess letting 120+'s walk and on the last day of the season i was too exhausted for the second morning in a row to wake up to the 4:30 buzzer. So, I showered scent free and off to work, and I was able to leave out and be in a tree and set by 3:00 pm. I was totally second guessing my set due to the bow like distances i could only shoot and I had my trust browning a-bolt slug gun in hand. Kept telling myself they will show and from the east was the best likelyhhod. Well nothing showed and the wind shifted right as it is getting dark!:whinging:

Well, it was the toughest thing I did and I scaled down quickly and left my climber attached, figure I may have 5 minutes of shoting light left! I stil hunted out to the pond with overgrowth all around it and glassed...nothing....stalked anthore 100 yards and spied a deer, galassed and a slick head belly crawled trough mudd and water another 30 yards and knelt up and the doe ran from my right to left (no toobad), immediately I saw movement behind where she was and saw antlers and looked to be wide. Well you know how it gets when light is fading by the second , and it was! I belly crawled another 30 yards and knelt up desperately trying to find the buck.....caught a glimpse, almost too darjk and lost him, then 70 yards up the trail he walks out and I raise the gun and he looks my way and I see the wide rack and squeeze... he drops and and I run up and I am amazed that I just shot a German Shepperd with sweet headgear!

Think this is the buck I had at 58 yards about a month ago. Scott 228 taped him at a gross 138. Man what a deal!

[file]81003[/file]

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Sweet. Congrats. Not over till the fat lady sings, huh?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Nice deer, good decision! Is that a St Louis Co buck?

·
8,846 Posts
:claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.