Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Gar-Mo and I headed out this past Sunday for an all day hunt. We started out in the shooting house that is perched up on a field at the farm. We only stayed in it until the sun came up and then we figured we head into some timber. Got to see a pretty sunrise.

Sat there until 10 or so and didn't see a darn thing.

[file]80790[/file]

[file]80792[/file]

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then a feller who we have done some work for a few miles away from the farm gave us permission to head over to his place for an afternoon sit. This fella has quite a few acres and it is LOADED with deer.

[file]80794[/file]

We bumped a few deer on the way in, but the trails were beat down, so we figured we might as well wait it out. We were just off a bean field just down on a big hillside.

Not 20 minutes after we sat down....well, Gary fired a shot at a doe.

[file]80797[/file]

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't meant to be unfortunately. The rest of the afternoon was slow, but at around 4:00 or so we headed up to the bean field for the remainder of the evening. Darned if 5 does didn't come out not 40 yards from us. Gary tried and tried and just couldn't find them in the scope. They ended up running off and we left and arrived at the truck with just a little light to see a black mass out in the field where the truck was parked. I got the glasses out and there was a pretty good buck bedded in the field and another pretty good one standing not 30 yards from him. It was too dark to get a good look at them and definitely too dark to shoot, but I can say they had some pretty good antlers on their heads. Guess we should have hunted not far from the truck. :whiteflag:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
sounded like a good day anyways :eek::

·
Lunch break commander
8,480 Posts
:claphands::claphands::claphands:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,968 Posts
Love hearing you guys talk about Gary and his hunting adventures!:claphands:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Nice hunt guys. Everytime I deer hunt I always say I'd like to atleast see a deer walking thru the woods. Even if I can't shoot at it atleast getting to see a deer or more than one is better than nothing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.