10pointer down my best yet (rob's dream buck)

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by mofarmboy, Nov 3, 2010.

1. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    i was setup tonight on one of my best foodplots its a 5 acre field surrounded by woods on all sides including 200 acres of timber to the east which noone hunts (deer refuge).i got to the stand around 4:00 and put out the boss buck at 15 yds quartering to me.i rattled and grunted around 4:45 and immediately had a nice buck skirt 50yds behind me in the timber i think he could see the decoy but he didnt come in. i waited around 30min and gave another sequence of rattlin this time i had a button buck come to the decoy gruntin up a storm:hysterical: i waited another 30 min and around 6:00 gave a final rattle sequence with grunts and a snort wheeze at the end. i immediately i had a 2.5 yr old 8 pointer come outta timber through the foodplot and up to the decoy he stuck around for about 5 min looked up in the woods and abruptly walked off. its startin to get dark in the timber and i can hear a deer walkin towards the foodplot from the direction the nice buck was earlier.i couldnt see exactly what he was still he stepped from behind a cedar and into the plot at 25yds:eek: he bristled up cocked his head sideways and was fixin to ram the decoy.luckily he decide to circle the decoy to the side i left one antler off of. i dont even remeber drawin but when he got broadside at 15yds i mouthgrunted to slow him down and smashed him!!!!!! i saw the arrow hit he crossed the foodplot made it back to the timber then 5 secons of silence followed by the death crash in the leaves he went 70yds total!!!!!!!! this is my best buck to date he might not be a giant but he's mature and the way it happened was an experience that will be with me forever.
    eqipment used was bowtech destryer 350 29in 69lbs,hha slider,limbriver rest,easton prohunter acc 340 and shuttle-t lock fixed blades. this pic is as we walked up on him.
    [file]145602[/file]

2. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    [file]145604[/file]

3. bigbass

bigbass Keep calm and Chive on!

Nov 17, 2009
    Wentzville
    Thats a stud, congrats.:cheers:

4. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    lotta carchter to this old feller......toms of scars on his cape and shavings in his horns
    [file]145606[/file]

5. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    my 3 yr old had to get in on the pictures......he's already gettin pretty good with his youth bow and will be nockin em down in no time:D
    [file]145608[/file]

6. wolf44

wolf44 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
  7. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
  8. cdover

cdover Member

Dec 22, 2009
    wappapello
    Awsome deer congrats :cheers:

9. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    looks good to me congrats

10. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    That's a good one.Congrats man.:claphands::claphands::claphands::eek::

11. Mofireman39

Mofireman39 New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Holy G2's!! Nice buck farmboy. Sounds like a terrific hunt too. You guys are making me want to go buy a decoy!!

MoFire

12. :claphands::cheers::cheers::eek:: very nice , love the pic with your Kiddo :eek::

13. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    [rquote=1877262&tid=130757&author=Pipe]:claphands::cheers::cheers::eek:: very nice , love the pic with your Kiddo :eek::[/rquote]
    thanks......thats the hardest part of leavin to go hunt.....he wants to tag along.....hopefully we get a warm day so i can take him out and set in the blind.
    his middle name is easton everytime i nock an arrow i look down and see his name:innocent:

14. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    [rquote=1877258&tid=130757&author=Mofireman39]Holy G2's!! Nice buck farmboy. Sounds like a terrific hunt too. You guys are making me want to go buy a decoy!!

MoFire[/rquote]
    i just bought mine this year and used it 3 times....it's pulled in every buck to get within sight of it so far.

15. jbhunter

jbhunter Senior Member

man what a buck! Never used a decoy but judging by the last few weeks they must work!

16. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  17. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

Nice one there, great photos also!:claphands::claphands::eek:::cheers:

18. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    big ole body on that bad boy to congrats:cheers: