Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one opening in our 3,400-acre QDM lease in northern Bates County. One of our charter members has to drop out due to a family emergency. The lease is limited to 6 total members at $4,000/person. Five slots are filled. Land cover is roughly 70% beans/corn, 20% timbered creeks/drainages, and 10% CRP. Numerous ponds and creeks. Each member is allowed 1 buck, 2 does, and 2 gobblers. A shooter buck must be 4.5 years or older. Send a PM if you want to explore a membership opportunity.

·
Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Four of our six members hunted it this year. Three bucks killed between the four hunters. One buck so old, his teeth were worn even with his gum line. There are some real idiots on MW forum but I have also met some top rate quality guys.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Yes. Four of our six members hunted it this year. Three bucks killed between the four hunters. One buck so old, his teeth were worn even with his gum line. There are some real idiots on MW forum but I have also met some top rate quality guys.
Who are the idiots?

·
Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They made themselves pretty obvious. As for the hunting lease, I'll be happy to visit with you about the member opening. I am pleased with the farm and believe we have something really special.

·
Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes sir. Candidates who clear the vetting process will be given maps and pics from the farm. First step is to talk with each prospective member and learn about their interest and their expectations in a managed lease like this. This helps identify the serious prospects and the tire kickers.

·
Under appreciated
90,725 Posts
Good luck. It is a good opportunity for a person if it is the right fit.
What is your website so that people here who dont remember can look it over and see the rules? Might save you some time vetting folks.

·
Banned
66,383 Posts
Yes sir. Candidates who clear the vetting process will be given maps and pics from the farm. First step is to talk with each prospective member and learn about their interest and their expectations in a managed lease like this. This helps identify the serious prospects and the tire kickers.
Have to clear vetting to see harvest photos?

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
Gun or Bow kills?

·
Registered
592 Posts
WB I hear ya an understand. I was just curious in pics an more so how the management of 4.5 an older is producing on that large of a tract.

·
Under appreciated
90,725 Posts
Have to clear vetting to see harvest photos?
That might help sell it I would think.
And telling people on here up front that you cannot live within 2 hour drive might also help him with not getting unqualified applicants replying.

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,653 Posts
That might help sell it I would think.
And telling people on here up front that you cannot live within 2 hour drive might also help him with not getting unqualified applicants replying.
That means, if you live in Tightwad MO, you are not fit for this lease.

·
Senior Hunter
3,362 Posts
Most of us are serious tire kickers...

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have no interest in leases personally. That being said, I always thought the more advertising of anything presented to the general public was more successful than trying to sell a pig in a poke. No disrespect nor smarta$$ism intended towards anyone.

·
Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have no interest in leases personally. That being said, I always thought the more advertising of anything presented to the general public was more successful than trying to sell a pig in a poke. No disrespect nor smarta$$ism intended towards anyone.
I agree. No offense taken. Having managed hunting leases 30 years, it has been my experience that the majority of people reading the ad have no interest. I want to give enough info that a serious candidate can decide whether to pursue it further, without giving too much info about a private farm that we very much want to keep private.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts