Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is 1 opening in a 3,400-acre lease in Bates County. Under strict QDM program. The lease is limited to 6 total members at $4,000/person. Five slots are taken. The sixth slot is open because one member moved away with his job. Land cover is roughly 70% beans/corn, 20% timbered creek/drainage, and 10% CRP. Several ponds and creeks. Member is allowed 1 buck, 2 does, and 2 gobblers. A shooter buck must be 4.5 years or older. Send a PM if you want to explore a membership opportunity.

· Banned
11,379 Posts
What is the punishment for shooting a 2 year old?

Reactions: Chew

· Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the punishment for shooting a 2 year old?
We screen for members who are experienced at field aging bucks on the hoof. So the scenario you described has not happened on any of our managed leases. To your question though, our rules stipulate that killing a 2.5 YO would result in immediate forfeiture of membership.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
We screen for members who are experienced at field aging bucks on the hoof. So the scenario you described has not happened on any of our managed leases. To your question though, our rules stipulate that killing a 2.5 YO would result in immediate forfeiture of membership.
By immediate does that mean after cementum aging results come back?

· Banned
11,379 Posts
Is it a quiz or test type deal you give prospective members?

Would they still be kicked out even if they called it a cull buck?

2,476 Posts
How has the success rate been on each member killing a 4.5 or older since you've had this lease? I can't recall if this is the second or third year you've posted about it.

· Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A maximum of 1 Buck and 2 does killed off of every 566 acres, what is the current and ultimate deer density goal?
By immediate does that mean after cementum aging results come back?
It means after I age the buck. There is no close call when aging a 2.5YO vs. a 4.5YO buck.

· Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How has the success rate been on each member killing a 4.5 or older since you've had this lease? I can't recall if this is the second or third year you've posted about it.
Kill rate is high and satisfaction rating is even higher. This is our 3rd year and the lease has met and exceeded our expectations.

· Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it a quiz or test type deal you give prospective members?

Would they still be kicked out even if they called it a cull buck?
Yes, all member applicants complete a questionnaire that focuses on three main areas: integrity, experience, and expectations.

There is no culling allowed on our lease. The practice of culling cannot appreciably improve genetics among free range deer.

2,476 Posts
Kill rate is high and satisfaction rating is even higher. This is our 3rd year and the lease has met and exceeded our expectations.
So two full deer seasons x 6 members = 12 4.5 year old kills?

Edit. Just saw your last post. No expectation of each member killing a buck...
So, somewhere between 0 and 12 bucks killed to meet or exceed expectations.... :)

· Recovering Huntaholic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just being nosey, care to share any harvest pics? I've watched a lot of three year old the past couple of seasons.
Fair question, Wings. We work hard to keep deer pics off social. Too many bad things happen when people post too much info on social media about a particular hunting property. It invites trouble.

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,818 Posts
My itchy trigger finger would make me a one year member...
But, for the right person, with the right perspective, could be very good fit. Certainly have to be qdm minded.
If all you see deer hunting, is backstraps waking in front of you, this isn't for you I suspect.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts