1-2 guys for a hunting trip to canada...still looking

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by deerslayer75, Jun 3, 2009.

1. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Active Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    In october I and 2 of my friends are going to saskatchewan, canada for a 3 day waterfowl hunt. Were looking for 1-2 more guys to go along. If interested please contact me for more info on exact dates, prices, and other details.

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO

3. NFO #2

NFO #2 Active Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Linn County
    What part of sask. are you going to? I have been there a few times and 3 days is just not enough time!!! Let me know if you have any questions? You using an outfitter?

4. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1286045&tid=89948&author=NFO #2]What part of sask. are you going to? I have been there a few times and 3 days is just not enough time!!! Let me know if you have any questions? You using an outfitter? [/rquote]

yep were using an outfitter...around saskatoon is the area but he has tons and tons of land so wewill move around i would think

5. NFO #2

NFO #2 Active Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Linn County
    We hunt around humbolt area. You will find that you do not need an outfitter. While you are there in your off time go up to house and just ask to hunt. If it is not posted you don't have to ask, and there is tons of queens land to hunt also if you are a member of DU, you can call there canadian headquarters and they give you a license number to hunt anyland they own. It is a blast!! Be sure to take an evening to shoot Sandhill Cranes that is fun as all get out. They will stick in the ground like lawn darts.

6. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1286064&tid=89948&author=NFO #2]We hunt around humbolt area. You will find that you do not need an outfitter. While you are there in your off time go up to house and just ask to hunt. If it is not posted you don't have to ask, and there is tons of queens land to hunt also if you are a member of DU, you can call there canadian headquarters and they give you a license number to hunt anyland they own. It is a blast!! Be sure to take an evening to shoot Sandhill Cranes that is fun as all get out. They will stick in the ground like lawn darts.[/rquote]

well ive already booked with him and yea i hear its alot of fun. plus he will be doing all the calling using all his decoys were deff not packing those lol

7. buddy

buddy New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    mo/ill
    I am wanting to go next year, but would like to go for at least 5 days if going so far. Let me know how you did. We need to find an outfitter to go with, at least the first trip.
    Good luck. :cheers:

8. Missouri Snows

Missouri Snows New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Missouri
    Been going for over ten years now but will skip this one. You can go to almost any area in SK with out a guide and do very good depending on when you go and what your after. Big this this year and from now on bring your passport .

9. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1286562&tid=89948&author=buddy]I am wanting to go next year, but would like to go for at least 5 days if going so far. Let me know how you did. We need to find an outfitter to go with, at least the first trip.
    Good luck. :cheers:[/rquote]

buddy u2u at ya

10. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    They got waterfowl there? I thought all Canada had was monster bucks and Walleyes, Muskie's and Pike:D

11. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    It bears repeating.............................................

DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSPORTS. As of June 1st, you have to have a passport to re-enter the country. There's a short grace period, but even with it, you'll get fined if you don't have your passport with you. Depending on who it is, they might not let you back in the country anyway:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1288572&tid=89948&author=glennasher1] It bears repeating.............................................

DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSPORTS. As of June 1st, you have to have a passport to re-enter the country. There's a short grace period, but even with it, you'll get fined if you don't have your passport with you. Depending on who it is, they might not let you back in the country anyway:D:D:D:D:D:D[/rquote]

thanks for the headsup!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers:

13. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    still looking for 1-2 guys contact me for more info

14. semomike

semomike Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Jackson, MO
    You guys don't need an outfitter, we go to Manitoba every year and stay in a guys old farmhouse for only 60 bucks a night per man and knock the heck out of them. As said above, all you have to do is drive around midday and look for birds in fields or on potholes, knock on the nearest door and they 99% of the time will give you permission.

I can see where you might think you need one the first trip, but the only way I can see if you want to hunt mainly geese and they are supplying the decoys, groundblinds etc.......

During the week you will see very few hunters, but remember the gas and beer are expensive up there and you will go through a bunch of both. We hunt for 6 days and that was just about right.

15. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    It sounds like he has already booked an outfitter who will supply the decoys and the places to hunt. No need to keep telling him he doesn't need to book an outfitter if he's already booked and gave money for an outfitter. my :02:

Good luck deerslayer.

16. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1318503&tid=89948&author=Gamegetter]It sounds like he has already booked an outfitter who will supply the decoys and the places to hunt. No need to keep telling him he doesn't need to book an outfitter if he's already booked and gave money for an outfitter. my :02:

Good luck deerslayer. [/rquote]

thanks gamegetter!

Yes already booked through an outfitter...trying to get a group of 6. Take 2 cars and split gas and driving time!