Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went rabbit hunting today in the powder snow and the dogs couldn't run the line to well in that powder stuff. It was just very disapointing. They ran the rabbit just not to well. If the dogs would of circled all the rabbit jumped we would of had atleast 12 or so. Just ended up with 7 on the tailgate which isn't all that bad. All these rabbits are going to the human resource lady at my work. She asked a few weeks back I told her I'd bring some in for her. I skinned them cleaned them all up put them in good freezer bags and in the morning fresh rabbit for her. She'll probably bring me in that ohh so good homemade applebutter jam that I like. I'll be waiting for it...lol

Some of what we were hunting in

[file]89556[/file]

[file]89558[/file]

saw alot of this everywhere and alot of fresh tracks too

[file]89560[/file]

The days harvest

[file]89562[/file]

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
looks like fun joey i bet you will do much better next week on your hunt you have planned.. i talked to the planner today and he is all pumped up.. hope ya do well boss.. :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That snow needs to melt thats for sure and with the temps we are expecting I think the hunt will go well. We jumped several rabbits today it was poor scenting that did us in. Powder snow is the worse scenting conditions you can have. The scent just don't hold.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
[rquote=1548382&tid=107799&author=Joeyman]That snow needs to melt thats for sure and with the temps we are expecting I think the hunt will go well. We jumped several rabbits today it was poor scenting that did us in. Powder snow is the worse scenting conditions you can have. The scent just don't hold.[/rquote]
try tellin your buddy that after you had some taco bell... haha sorry i just had to make a funny.. thats how i am just silly i guess good luck joey shoot them in the ears man..:rof2::whistle::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:claphands:

hopefully the rabbits will be out and about this coming weekend. Sounds like a nice place to hunt and I'm just as pumped about it.

·
11,357 Posts
We jumped TONS of rabbits today also however where we was at was REALLY thick with BIG brush piles and the dogs just couldn't hold track well in the powder snow. They would run it for a while and then lose it. We will be at it agian next weekend also. Atleast the conditions look good for next weekend:cheers:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
i keep hittin then w the truck if that counts

G

·
[rquote=1548552&tid=107799&author=winger]i keep hittin then w the truck if that counts[/rquote]It does what is your season total?:hysterical:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Kinda the same thing Joey.The wind got up and some of the snow was drifting.I think the scent was just kinda blowing off the snow.The 3 that I did kill were big buck rabbits and their boys have started dropping like their ready to breed.That usually doesn't happen for another couple of weeks.Still have killed nothing but bucks.Going out again today then going to rest the dogs at least a day.With these better temps coming they'll probably call me back to work this week.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bigjohn wednesday looks like a very good day to rabbit hunt. Wish I could go on wednesday sunny and in the 40's

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
[rquote=1548554&tid=107799&author=greenheadsmoker][rquote=1548552&tid=107799&author=winger]i keep hittin then w the truck if that counts[/rquote]It does what is your season total?:hysterical:[/rquote]

well i have been putting a hurt on them, however for the amount of miles i have had to drive for my limits this year. stinking tires are getting worn out and only had them for the season. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.