Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little past the half way point, how do you rate the '09 deer season?

I've had an enjoyable season. Shared some memorable time in the woods with my children that enjoy hunting. :2thumbsup:

·
Under appreciated
89,821 Posts
I've had a great season so far.

Seent plenty of deer and shared a kill with a good buddy.
cant get any better in my book. :eek::

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Other than the weather it was awesome. Saw more deer this season than I have in years. Wish the mrs could have got one, but she had fun anyways. Even got to take my son out for an hour one evening. Next season I am hoping he can go sit in the stand with me:cheers:

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caught this buck out chasing a doe in an open field. To quote the infamous New Mexico female soccer player, "I got caught up in the moment." :wave:

[file]80973[/file]

·
Under appreciated
89,821 Posts
Good buck Joe... congrats bro!!

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hunted with my brother yesterday afternoon. He missed a nice 8 pointer, I didn't miss this doe. :wave:

[file]80975[/file]

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
i have had a GREAT year
not only did i put a lot of meat in the freezer
but i got to hunt with too good guys and learn a little about food plotten :cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,040 Posts
Looks like you had a great season Joe, Congrats man.:claphands::claphands::claphands::eek::

·
Under appreciated
89,821 Posts
Bomber granny doe there too Joe. Dang, puttin meat on the table for sure. :cheers:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
My season has been pretty good. Worked tons of overtime in Sept and October and didn't really get to get out there after em enough to figure out what was going on until the last week of October. Killed two with my bow, then only spent 1 full day rifle hunting.

Now I'm ready to get back to bowhunting and I will hunt with a ML this year for the first time.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
awesome! no because the harvest, but because I have hav maybe 5 of the most incredible sits without even thinking about raising the weapon:cheers:

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know what you mean 20 ft. Had a great opening gun morning hunt with family (3 kids and my brother) hunting the farm with me. I sat with one of my daughters and saw a really nice buck that didn't quite give her a chance to shoot. In fact no one in the group fired a shot, but we all had multiple deer sightings, several close chances on bucks that weren't or couldn't readily be identified as legal, and does that were given the day off by those that saw them. :eek::

·
Lunch break commander
8,419 Posts
I have had a great season.
Got my first deer with a bow and a young buck and a doe with the rifle.
I like a freezer full of deer meat. :claphands:

·
Registered
14,299 Posts
Had a great year. Had my Dad back in the stand again. He'll be 81 in March. He passed on some does and never got a chance on a legal buck. Started bow hunting again. Saw lots of deer opening weekend and never fired a shot. No one in our group fired a shot opening weekend, but we had a blast.. Went back and killed a doe. Made a 600+ yard stalk on a mature buck and shot him in his bed. He had no teeth. Ma boy killed a couple does so it was a good year. Still gonna sling a few arrows.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Well it was fun and gave good memories and taught me a little more just like every season. Too bad I havent got a deer yet though. :goodnight:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
It has been an enjoyable season so far. I have my usual high hopes for cold weather and good hunting for the late part of the season.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,487 Posts
Been a good season so far.

Hunted hard for three days in Western Nebraska which resulted in one bow killed doe. Saw more than 60 deer with a few decent bucks.

Hunted 7 days straight with my bow before the gun opener in northern MO and saw 4 huge bucks that did not present a shot. Must have sen 50 or more in those 7 days.

Took out my 7 year old twins multiple times throughout the season and my 14 year old daughter once and I bow hunted with my 16 year old son once or twice.

Been a good season for deer sightings but just haven't sealed the deal on one that I liked. My restraint has surprised me this year as I have held off on many small to medium sized bucks.

All in all a good season so far. I have learned a few things as I do every year ad that i am thankful for. I know I have said it in the past but I now truly believe that I have turned the corner and for me it is now more about the hunt than the kill. Oh I want to get a nice deer but in past years I would probably have a little anxiety that I had not taken out a good buck or a medium buck at least.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts