Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it seems that noone else wants to spearhead this, so I guess that I will....

Same rules as last year. (I think)

Teams of 3, which will be chosen at random this Saturday at the MWT Get-Together (probably after dark...and after the drinking begins:cheers: )

Anywho...the rules will be....

Doe= 1 point
Buck= 1 point per antler point

If harvested by archery method...add 2 points. So if harvested by archery method, a doe will equal 1 plus 2, which in my math book equals 3 points....and a buck will equal (if harvested via archery method 2 + number of antler points).............I am not sure if points were added for ML harvests (if so, will someone please inform me.....but nicely please :D )

I will start another thread the beginning of next week with the members of each team. This same thread will be used for the "official" team entries. For the entries you will need to include your name, the team's number, a picture of you and the harvest, along with the number of points for your entry.

I would suggest that after the teams have been drawn that each team start up a team thread to correspond with each other and to "talk smack".....:dancin:

If you would like to be included...and have not expressed so in the other thread, please do so by 3:00 p.m. this Friday (as that is when I will be leaving for the GTG). You can either respond to this thread (preferably) or the other thread that has already been started....Names will be added to a hat and will be drawn from this hat at random....

I hope that I have not missed anything...please post up with your name if you would like to be included.

The list so far:
Landlover
V.P.
CFD
Cfrazee_mo
Hoytshooter
Mailman
insanespiv
Boogan1
Pipe
Arrow-1
Big Time Hunter
BigPunkus
Pinwheel
cfdjay
kc704
chairman
whitemarsh
JarJar
Gutpile
RAKMAN
JimBow
MObuckman
beagleboy6
Hayzer
buckarooboy
Roscoe Dog
jmmcguire
jarsmed
deer-hunter
coyotehunter
Rthunter
deer_slayer
mohunter32
Goldtip
Hoytaholic
huntforfunnfood
MUHunter
jason6517
Nicholas
droptine
rocko
Marine95
buckbuster
robinc76
semohuntingguy
blevely
r2ahunter
Rat
Possumjoe
Crappie
krb963
Lefty
Big Ol Al
stlmowgli
10pointer
Mathews1cam
Rebelcj7
venatic
danceswithbooze
buckbuster14
Lynette
Dutch
chuck88
OleMiss
northmobigbuck
Alwyshtn
Hunterx7
Amishboysson
Big John
Little Ang
Gamegetter
X Bow T
mathewshutr
Hunta4Life19
DSG
Venatic
BigBuck8504
Fireman_311
SmokingBarrel
Snowman
leemozoid
riverbottomhunter
greatwhitess
JJBeer
hunter7x
bowhuntKS
starbux
kcbowhunt
Bowhunter4life
treestand hunter
Bowkil
T- Bone
Hatch
Lil Hatch
highgear40
MRS. chuck88
Mikeak
Mobowman
MajorTom
Bodoodle
BuckWild
Outdoorsman
Center Punch
stocker

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Great idea JarJar.

Someone by this kid a drink...

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
put myself and BigPunkus on the list, he's been having puter problems and asked if we were having a contest this year.

BTW...You can simply call our team "The Winners"

BTH

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Big Time Hunter
put myself and BigPunkus on the list, he's been having puter problems and asked if we were having a contest this year.

BTW...You can simply call our team "The Winners"

BTH
:eek:

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up again JarJar.

I started a post back in July titles "Do we have a big buck contest for members?"

It kinda fizzled out due to the heat of the summer but know that the season is upon us peeps are rip roarin ready to go.

Looks like you have a pretty good format to go with, I posted some Ideas on my thread so if you want to take a look at them it is on page three of whitetail general forum.

I cannot make it to the GT this weekend but can I get on a team via absentee ballot??????????????????

Thanks a bunch...........let me know if anyone needs a teamate.......I have some purty sweet places to hunt.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Count me in!!

For those who weren't a part of it last year, the teams are drawn at random so nobody knows who they will be teammates with!

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Please include Whitemarsh in the contest.

Just a question, will everyone who wants to be in the contest be able to find this thread and sign up with less than 48 hrs notice? Would it be possible to move the team selection back a few days after the GTG? Just a thought.:)

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
Count me in. I'll be a handicap because I don't gun hunt much & I don't shoot many deer. I'm sure Mrs Pinwheel would like to be included. If need be, we'll get her a screen name started as well.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
For those who weren't a part of it last year, the teams are drawn at random so nobody knows who they will be teammates with!
Plan on doing it the same this year too!

Originally posted by Whitemarsh
Just a question, will everyone who wants to be in the contest be able to find this thread and sign up with less than 48 hrs notice? Would it be possible to move the team selection back a few days after the GTG? Just a thought.:)
Ya, I am worried about that too...I guess it is just one of those things that happens since it is already this close to the season....I guess if there is enough fuss/people that want to join after the GTG, then we could just put them together to make a team?

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.