Your Rod And Reels?

Discussion in 'Fishing Gear & Tackle' started by oneshot 1, Dec 9, 2016.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Was out putting Fresh Line on some of my Rod and Reels. Thought man I have a lot of Rod and Reels.

I have 4 10 - 12 Foot Surf Rods that I seldom use. The only one I might use is loaded with 30# test Line I might use Snagging from the Bank but I have found I like Catfish better than Spoonbill.

I have 3 Heavy Snagging Rods Loaded with110# Test Snagging Line, I probably won't use again since I sold my Boat.

I have 3 Medium Heavy Catfish Rods loaded with 30# Test Line I use for Catfishing.

Got 4 Medium Action Rods Loaded with 12# Test Line mostly use them for Suckers and Bass.

Got 4 Light Action Rods Loaded with 6# Test Line for Crappie, Goggle Eye, Bluegill and White Bass.

Got 1 Ultra Light Rod Loaded with 2# Test Line for Trout.

Got a Nice Fly Rod, never use.

Got a 12 Foot Crappie Rod Loaded with 6# Test Line. I've only used it once most time just use regular Light Action with Slip Bobber.

Just wondering how many others have?

oneshot

:D The Big Grin likes a Gill Net.

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    The corner of my garage is loaded. No idea how many there are.

3. bigbass

bigbass Keep calm and Chive on!

Nov 17, 2009
    Wentzville
    50+

4. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Lebanon
    More than my wife should know about, so not posting a number on a public forum. Who knows she may be a cyber stalker.

5. sharps4590

sharps4590 Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Northern Ozarks
    All I fish with is fly rods and there's maybe a dozen all together. Got an ultra light spin rod & reel that hasn't seen the water in 15 or more years.

6. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Active Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    Don't know how many are out in the shed but none of them have been used for at least 10 years. Honestly can't remember the last time I went fishing. And I really must not miss it or I'd go once in a while. :thinking: Maybe I ought to just pitch 'em and make some more room in the shed for other stuff I won't ever use. :eek:

7. Tracer2

Tracer2 New Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Ozark, Moutains
    Oneshot1, I know the feeling every time I go to our fishing gear room. We have a lot of reels, to put line on and separate the various lures for the bags and cases etc. Now even with the proper tool, it going to take me a day or so to weed out and decide what weight & type of line on our various reels.:eek: