This Didn't look Bad Until

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by oneshot 1, Apr 30, 2017.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
  2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

150 bucks to dress a 150 pound hog. No wonder they require you to let staff dress em. Lol

3. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    $799 for a 3 Day, 2 Night Hog Hunt Package. Lodging, Meals

Buy 1 Hog Hunt - Get 3 Hog Hunts FREE! ($3000+ Value)*

Deal Description
    Texas is overrun with wild hogs! Feral hogs are devastating our farms, forests & wildlife habitats, causing millions in damages every year! These pigs reproduce every 115 days with up to 12 in a litter. It's enough to make anyone -- even a vegan -- want to grab a rifle and shoot one. And at just $799 for this Hog Hunt adventure, regularly priced at $3196, that's exactly what you'll get to do.

This 3 day 2 night Wild Hog Hunt package includes meals, lodging, game retrieval, and advising you on the best places to spot and stalk. We hunt day and night, so bring your rifles, bring your pistols, and if all else fails, have your bowie knife ready! You may see many exotic animals, but don't get too entertained, because when the hogs move in, it can be fast and furious! Remember you are the hunter, and you will prevail. You'll bring these varmints to justice and be rewarded with the best meat you've ever tasted. Not to mention a heck of a trophy for your "game room".

Deal Fine Print

*All Hunts to be used May 1 - Nov 1, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Hunts start Sun, Mon, Tue or Wed. Only

Not Included:

You must bring your Release of Liability ~ get it here~

* Hog cleaning is $50 per hog up to 50 lbs; $1 lb./thereafter.
    Each hunter can harvest unlimited hogs. Only staff cleans hogs.
    You can donate the meat but are still responsible for the cleaning fees.
    * Package includes meals and lodging on the Ranch.
    * $100 guide/staff fee to be paid in cash upon arrival; per hunter.
    * Ranch is open all year, with limited dates from June 15-Sept 15.
    * License fee is $48 for non-residents.
    $25 for Texas residents
    $10 for children under 17
    * Not valid with any other offers.
    * Valid for 2 years after purchase.
    * Gratuity not included.

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Maybe you can sneak out a few towels from there.

5. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    THis is the guy I had a hunt with a couple years ago, that I didn't even bother to attend. He's been in trouble with Texas attorney General etc.

What he does, he'll offer a free hog hunt to "OUT of State" organizations for raffles, auctions etc.

What you don't see is all the fine print, just about everything you do costs more money etc.

I don't remember all the details, but I decided to just not go over giving this guy anymore of my money.

It's a small enclosure type of hunt, and they release hogs that have been trapped other places.

All sorts of shenanigans with this dude. :wave:

I'd advise to stay away.

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    How in the world is this guy still in business??

7. PHhunter

PHhunter MOD-ER-ATOR

Jan 22, 2007
    Woods.
    If only you could hunt hogs in Missouri....:)

8. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    THat's a good question.... My guess, he keeps doing what he did for the Church I bought the hunt from. Offers them the free hunt to auction off, then when those people show up, he starts getting money out of them.

His website, name of his ranch, etc have changed several times since I ran across it. In the end, I just wrote off the whole thing as a nice charitable contribution to our Church/School.

It's people like this, that give our sport a bad name.:wave:

9. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I'm thinking the same. Seems there is a bunch of Feral Horses and MDC isn't worried about them. I'm sure they are Non Native.

oneshot

10. Reflex

Reflex Active Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

11. DougC

DougC Active Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Independence
    Feral horse would be a lot of meat for Oneshot!

12. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    betchya those Missouri hogs are not on MDC land right now with all the rain......:)

we use to hunt near Sabinal west of Austin and paid $150 for 3 day hunt, they provided an old farm house with running water and a window AC, we brought and fixed our own food, cleaned our own hogs and used their freezer until time to head home..the killer was the 21 hour drive, actually right next to the high fenced triple 7 ranch, guy said "if you see a non native animal, shoot it!"

13. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    I hunted at that place in TX about 6-7 years ago. It was a death trap. Half a square mile of high fence. Had about 15 to 20 guys hunting at the same time. They dropped us off in the four corners and told us to walk clockwise. If you see people behind you walk faster. You see people in front of you slow down.

14. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I would say I can go in this weekend and kill all the Hogs I want on MDC Land. Where MDC told me they was eradicated.

Just thinking if there isn't any Feral Hogs there how can they say I'm hunting them?

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is staying home.

15. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I had read this same thing when I was looking into the place.

Did y'all even see any pigs?