Stocking a new pond with crappie

Discussion in 'Pan Fish' started by buckbuster, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Since I already have an invite I'll be there!

Mentioned to the wife about your place and showed her the photos......she wants to come and fish also....but said if its a guy thing she can stay home....but she gave me "that look" of which most married men get from time to time......so........:shrug:

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Good stuff for sure Jfraz3!

How many time I have heard: oh, we have never kept any fish out of there! The fishinf should be great by now! :)

3. Jfraz3

Jfraz3 New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Grain Valley Mo
    Wives are welcome! My wife probably has fished the place as much, if not more than me! Have 2 v bottoms, and a bass buggy. Several batteries too! Trolling motor supply is lacking these days though! Have had up to five motors over the years, but am down to two that still work and one of them only has one forward speed! Lol Theres a paddle boat for kids too! Heck we even have a shack in the timber built for two! Complete with mini fridge,coffee pot,microwave,heat/air conditioning....and an outhouse! Speaking of otters Vector! Took this guy from the lake back during rifle season! Nasty fish killers! Danged side ways pictures!

Attached Files:

4. tcwild

tcwild Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    holden,mo
    Who wants to come down in March/April and start collecting crappie with me?!?

I'd be in for this. I love a crappie fry and I'm not to far away.

5. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I just picked up a brand new American Angler fillet knife I won in a drawing at Bass Pro. $110 fillet knife should be able to clean a bunch of crappie I'd say.:wave:

6. 260rem

260rem Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Kc area
    Well, since you are asking, I am game for catching some crappie!

7. Jfraz3

Jfraz3 New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Grain Valley Mo
    I'll post up an "invite" thread of some sort in or around March fella's
    We'll make it an MWT Crappie invitational! Lol

8. Jfraz3

Jfraz3 New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Grain Valley Mo
    Well, its late notice...been under the weather for about 5 days now. But am better finally. Just looked at the weather forecast, and mama says its time to plant her taters, and the renter says crappie are biting! So, early saturday I'll be heading down to the cabin. Sent pm's to a coupla guys, but thougt I'd post up here as well. Shoot me a U2U and I can forward particulars to ya if your open to a nice day or half a day or few hours or whatever. I ain't too far from the Taberville access for snagger's either, its about 15 mins away

9. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

dang too much going on right now.. lets see pics of the slabs

10. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    If you get there early Saturday you can help plant the tatters!:D

11. Jfraz3

Jfraz3 New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Grain Valley Mo
    St Pattys weekend, Mama says its time to plant her taters! Mama gets what mama wants! Thats my ONLY chore is about 30 mins on the tractor with the tiller, after that...cold beverages and rip some lips hopefully! The beverages are a given, fish need to cooperate tho!

Also...NO CHARGE to come fish lol! And you dont have to live at least two hours away! Bourbon and Miller Lite are never a bad thing in exchange for wettin' a line or two tho!

12. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I'm bringing my big cooler and a bag of ice for the transfer of lipless fishes from your pond to my freezer.

Attached Files:

13. Jfraz3

Jfraz3 New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Grain Valley Mo
    That works too! Probly fill up my live tank and hook up the aerator so they'll keep longer while we're fishin!

14. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I've got my plan of attack all set.....when someone ask where did you catch all those fish I'll say..............

"In the lips!".

15. Meller

Meller Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I'd catch about 20 female blacks when their bellies are swollen with eggs and throw them in there. If they're females its pretty easy to tell them apart, they don't get as dark as the males.

whites have verticle stripes, blacks are randomly speckled
    [​IMG]

16. DougC

DougC Active Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Independence
    I've got an extra Minn Kota hanging in the garage that you can have!

17. Jfraz3

Jfraz3 New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Grain Valley Mo
    Man that'd be awesome Doug! Just getting back from the cabin, fishing was terrible! Bill came down and gave it a go, no luck...we fished all day today without any luck as well. Water still awfully cold. Gonna give it another shot next weekend if the weather copperates

18. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Active Member

May 2, 2005
    Springfield
    Can you list the fish hatcheries that are fraudulently selling white crappie as black crappie so we can avoid them?

Thanks

19. bowNR

bowNR New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    COMO via SEMO
    Transplant them from another pond or lake and u will be fine