Shed Thread 17'

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by t-tomshooter, Jan 16, 2017.

1. t-tomshooter

t-tomshooter Senior Member

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    After watching a 135" maybe bigger 8pt tonight feed in a corn field i thought about starting this thread to see what everybody else was seeing and finding:D gonna be a good year i think:cool:

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I saw several shed bucks and got several pic's of shed bucks last week. On the other hand, I saw a decent buck or 2 still packing. I think I will wait a couple weeks or so before picking up sheds.

3. badlander

badlander Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Found 2 in semo last week. This the bigger of the 2 ImageUploadedByMissouri Hunting1484620438.140054.jpg . Nice tine length just lacking in mass

4. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Seen one last Thursday that had shed both, two with him still had both of theirs.

5. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    awesome guys! i checked two cams today and had several bucks missing one side and most of the younger bucks still packing and even some of the older bucks i was thrilled that made it are still packing:D i got about 12 more cams to check:cool:

6. EZRA

EZRA Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I went to pull a few stands today and jumped a few bucks still with antlers so I will hold off on searching that farm for awhile

7. lightsout24

lightsout24 Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Found these on Friday ImageUploadedByMissouri Hunting1485144943.994051.jpg

8. Sentinel

Sentinel Member

Sep 15, 2011
    USA
    I walked several miles of Iowa public ground on Friday and found a ton of sign, but no sheds. Surprisingly, there was no recent sign of human presence - not even a footprint. Even though I didn't find anything, it was still good to spend some time in the woods.

Attached Files:

9. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    cool! the last camera i checked had 6 bucks packing both sides on that farm:D

10. ELKMO41

ELKMO41 Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I always wait until Valentines day to start. Finding 8-12 in a single day are over.

11. EZRA

EZRA Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Hey sentenal I found a big fresh rub then big buck turds and beds and when I reached the bone zone there was antlers everywhere! Haha there was about ten bucks at the end of that draw getting ready to feed in the field so I just watched them in the Binos for awhile then backed out. All but two were still packing and the big one was easy 140 8pt and several over 130" so I will give that spot a month rest.

Attached Files:

12. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Active Member

I was in my Elevated Box Blind Thursday (Jan 26) and a nice 4-Point Buck walked out from the woods past the Milo Plot into the Turnip Plot in front of Me...still packing both sides of His Antlers. :thinking:

Fast forward to Today/Sunday and I walked thru several thick areas of our Farm and only found an old Doe Skull.

Attached Files:

13. Chrisncooper

Chrisncooper New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Semo
    Picked this one up today

Attached Files:

14. MOFish20

MOFish20 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Got home yesterday and let the dog out...thought i heard the school bus coming to drop kids off and opened the front door and found my dog sitting in the front yard proudly with this shed. Go figure. I can walk 5 miles thru heavily populated deer woods and come up empty somehow, maybe i need to keep a camera on the birdfeeder. Going to concentrate on the nearby stretch of woods to see if we can rustle up the other side tonight. Thought one of my kids had tossed one of the training sheds into the yard at first. I guess it's possible something else drug it into the yard but who knows.

Attached Files:

15. t-tomshooter

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    thats a great first post chrisncooper! man im ready for some hiking tomorrow! good luck guys

16. tkazzz

tkazzz Member

Today's finds

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. EZRA

EZRA Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Man tkazzz that dead buck looked like he was a scrapper with the broken 3 & 4! Keep up the good work

18. tkazzz

tkazzz Member

He looked older...had a lot of trash around his base. He was definitely in a violent fight.

19. EZRA

EZRA Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Did u leave him?

20. tkazzz

tkazzz Member

Got out to the property today[​IMG][​IMG]