Ok This Makes Sense

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by oneshot 1, May 18, 2017.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Ok I was at the Rifle Range Sighting in a Inline.

There was a Guy with a Flintlock Rifle. Was talking to him about my 54 Cal. and how I Loved hunting with it.

:confused: He says Hunt with it. He says why don't you? I said well I can't see as well as I use to and need a Scope. What Range do you kill most Deer/ He says I'll answer that I'll bet you never shoot over 75 yards. He says at that distance you don't need a Scope.

Cleaning, pull the Barrel off, take the Nipple off, draw some Hot Soapy water through it, not that much harder than an Inline.

You know what your Rifle will do with a Patch and Ball, you enjoy using it more than any other Firearm. Use it!

Ok what do I do with all my Inlines and Modern Firearms?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oneshot

:D Let the Big Grin have them.

2. tcwild

tcwild Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    holden,mo
    I guess you could auction them off with the proceeds going to MDS or the church.

3. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    Maybe auction them off with proceeds going to the poor misguided taken advantage of women by oneshot fund. I'm sure there are several out there requiring major counseling.

4. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    If you can't see you can't see. Don't listen to that guy. Stick with a scope. Don't need you shooting someone's dog or wounding a deer.

5. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I'm thinking of my wife.

But she says I'm not selling anything.

oneshot

:D And then there is the Big Grin.

6. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Only know my wife anymore and she ignores me.

oneshot

:D :confused: HEY! HEY! You know the Big Grin.

7. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Use what you want to, and don't worry about what other people think you should hunt with.

If the inline makes you happy, hunt with it.

I like deer hunting with scoped rifles.... It's fun. :D

I occasionally will hunt with my Flintlock, or Sidelock guns. But don't like using them for late evening hunting.... I just can't see deer as well then. Scope sure comes in handy.

8. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    The Picture of me with the two Does was day after Antlerless Season. I killed both Does just about dark. As matter fact I killed them on Public Land and had to have them checked in by 10PM. By dragging I wasn't going to have them out in time. So lets say I used other ways of getting them out.

So at that time the Open Sights were no problem.

I quit using the Sidelock because it wasn't firing all the time. I think I have it fixed. I took the Clean Out Screw out, found it wasn't getting Powder below the Nipple. It is a Great Rifle.

Inlines I have an Old Staghorn, 50Cal. Good Rifle but still a bugger to clean. Same with my White Shotgun. Got a better 45Cal. Inline but like 50 Cal. better.

The Double Barrel Shotgun both Barrels are Modified so Turkey has to be 30 Yards or less.

I know this is a stupid reason but hunting where the 4 Point Restrictions are it's a pain counting points with out magnification.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin likes Lead.

9. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I asked my wife if she would leave me if I started just using Sidelocks. Well you've used them 34 years with me and I haven't left you so why would I now?

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is still here.

10. Perry

Perry New Member

Oneshot, have you tried a peep sight? I have a sidelock that I was having trouble seeing the sights on so I bought an old T/C vernier tang sight that I was going to have installed. In the meanwhile I had my eyes checked and got new glasses. That improved things so I never mounted the tang peep sight but someday I will have to. Peeps are a lot easier for older eyes like mine to use, you only have to focus on the front sight and the target, the rear peep you just look thru. T/C doesn't make the sight anymore but you can still find them online and carousing old gun shops.

11. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Yes I've thought of this. I know where I can buy one.

Would help if I got New Glasses.

oneshot