Moultrie M40i or A30i?

Discussion in 'Trailcams & Accessories' started by NEMOBowhunter, Aug 2, 2017.

1. NEMOBowhunter

NEMOBowhunter Member

Oct 4, 2010
    NEMO
    Want to give a shout out to Moultrie. I have a few cameras; Moultrie, Muddy, Bushnell, and most recently a SpyPoint that I have yet to check(it had really good reviews on TrailCamPro.com). This summer when I got my old Moultrie M80 out the card slot broke and somehow lacked the "spring" that most due as you insert the card and it locks. Sent Moultrie an email with a pic of the camera and serial number to see if they could repair. I received an e-mail the very next day. It is a 2011 model, unfortunately it cannot be repaired , but they offered me 50%off a new camera which I thought was more than fair. Pretty well set on the new M40i, but has anybody used this new cam yet? Only major downfall on reviews is short battery life in video mode, but I don't use video so that doesn't bother me. Any experience greatly appreciated.

2. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I just bought an A-30 last night and put it out. I will let you know my thoughts in a couple of weeks.

3. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Trail to field.jpg
    I had the A-30 out for a couple of days in the thick of the woods. My over all rating is satisfied. Night time pick are so so but there is a bunch of junk around to get a good clear picture or to trip the trigger. Here is the only buck during the day that I had.

I will be moving the camera or adding a new one to a field in a couple of weeks and will post how that turned out vs the woods.