Landowner tags

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by kc704, Sep 10, 2010.

1. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    So what's the scoop on landowner tags? Are they only good for my property or can I hunt other places as well? How do I get them? Thanks!

2. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Your ground only. :cheers:

3. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    [rquote=1800719&tid=125265&author=Mailman]http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/regulations/deer-regulations/2010-resident-landowner-permits[/rquote]

Thanks for the link MM. So what do I do if I want to hunt on our other farm? Buy tags? Are the landowner tags just in addition to what I can buy over the counter?

4. SOMOHUNTER

SOMOHUNTER New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    mo ark line
    yes you will have to buy tags iffin you want to hunt other places besides your land:cheers:

5. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    And you are still limited on the number of antlered deer you take. Even if you got your landowner firearms tag and bought firearms tags to hunt elsewhere you can only kill one antlered deer.

Same restriction applies to archery. Two bucks max.

6. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

[rquote=1800734&tid=125265&author=kc704][rquote=1800719&tid=125265&author=Mailman]http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/regulations/deer-regulations/2010-resident-landowner-permits[/rquote]

Thanks for the link MM. So what do I do if I want to hunt on our other farm? Buy tags? Are the landowner tags just in addition to what I can buy over the counter?[/rquote]

You can still buy your regular tags, but you cannot harvest double the bucks. You are maxed out at 3 bucks per year if you hunt all the seasons, 2 bow one gun no matter if you buy regular tags and have your landownder tags too. Not sure how it works tho if you have two farms you own?

Sounds like you need to ask in the MDC section, but to me if you own two farms you should be able to use your landowner tags on either.

7. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1800734&tid=125265&author=kc704][rquote=1800719&tid=125265&author=Mailman]http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/regulations/deer-regulations/2010-resident-landowner-permits[/rquote]

Thanks for the link MM. So what do I do if I want to hunt on our other farm? Buy tags? Are the landowner tags just in addition to what I can buy over the counter?[/rquote]

I buy tags every year, in addition to getting landowner tags so I can hunt neighboring farms. I can still only kill one buck with a rifle & 2 bucks with archery gear, 1 before & one after rifle season.

8. techteacher

techteacher Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

You can hunt any farm as long as you own it. You don't get tags for each farm.

9. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    When I picked up my landowner tags last weekend they asked me if I owned land in more than one county. So there may be a way to hunt your own land even if it's in different parcels.:shrug:

10. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

[rquote=1801140&tid=125265&author=techteacher]You can hunt any farm as long as you own it. You don't get tags for each farm. [/rquote]

Say you own 2 farms in different counties, how do they register that in the system?

11. I own land in both bates and vernon county. When you pick up you're land owner tags you just have to tell them what counties then you are good to go.

12. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

[rquote=1801177&tid=125265&author=HoytHuntin]I own land in both bates and vernon county. When you pick up you're land owner tags you just have to tell them what counties then you are good to go.[/rquote]

Good to know!!

13. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll get mine picked up this week. Figure I'll buy my tags like usual and use my landowner tags as my bonus tags.

14. CodeRed

CodeRed tutoring the most interesting man in the world

May 31, 2007
    not to open the proverbial can of worms...but...

i hate they discontinued the non-resident landowner tag program. it doesnt stop me from hunting my property and i still put as much into it as i did prior.

15. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    They discontinued it? Landowner is landowner in my opinion regardless of where you make your bed.

16. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

[rquote=1801506&tid=125265&author=kc704]They discontinued it? Landowner is landowner in my opinion regardless of where you make your bed.[/rquote]

Non-resident costs money now instead of being free like a resident.