Featured Interesting stats from last years deer season

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by Hawk, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    So it's not a myth correct?

My problem is that you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

2. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Many many people's dreams have come true simply because of apr's. Ask anyone up in the northern part of the state and most of them will tell you that there Bucks have improved drastically since apr's have been put in place.

3. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Well that guy's an idiot

4. antlercrazed

antlercrazed Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    North Missouri
    My thoughts exactly.Unfortunately a lot of people who aren't as serious about hunting as a lot of us on this forum are have no clue what is reality.On the flip side that guy be a great neighbor,he would never shoot a buck :7up:

BustinBucks likes this.
  5. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

What does a myth have to do with anything. Is this you not understanding clearly spelled out information again. Lol

Not at all. You just can't understand what people say out of the one side.

6. fstchkn

fstchkn Active Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I'd bet there's far more average hunters than average landowners and the average hunter just wants to shoot a deer.

7. henry

I'm glad so many people are happy shooting 2.5 and 3.5 yr old deer. :guitar:

8. henry

Exactly. That's why people want regulations to keep them from it. If they didn't there would be no reason to want the regulations. :D

Sully likes this.
  9. fstchkn

fstchkn Active Member

Oct 2, 2011
    No, they want the regulations to keep the other guy from doing it, to force others into how they think it should be. The majority of hunters are gun only hunters and they don't care if it goes to 1 buck or not, won't affect them in the least.
    No one have ever kept someone from only taking one buck, they just want the state to make everyone else not to be able to take more.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    20' likes this.
  10. henry

The other guy is who I meant by them. Most of the coveted regs are like that.

11. fstchkn

fstchkn Active Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I must be in the other guy group because I have never felt the need to want a regulation in order to force others to adhere to what I think they should be doing or to shoot the number or kind of deer I think they should .
    That and I shot 2 young bucks last year, dropping a tag didn't change my hunting any.

12. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    The " it doesn't effect me " apathy is exactly why we are at the point we are at now .

Now with that said ...can the state make ridiculous rules that will be detrimental to the over all deer heard ? Of Course They can however that was not where Missouri was when the MDC decided to start making up crisis solutions to NON problems

13. fstchkn

fstchkn Active Member

Oct 2, 2011
    What exactly is the point where we are now?
    If it doesn't actually affect me, how it that apathy? It actually doesn't affect me.

14. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Read your post that I quoted.

I do, its jusy the opposite of whats coming out the other.

15. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Not as many as in the past... and given the opportunity to hunt an area where mature bucks are more common, most average hunters wouldnt want to just shoot a deer.

16. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Some... but many wanted 4.5s and many many many more have killed them since aprs. And yes, given the choice between killing 1.5s anf 3.5s most all hunters will want the 3.5...

17. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    For many reasons, not the least if which is that it makes gor a better, more healthy herd.

18. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Getting rid of the 3rd tag was never about the herd or apathy, it was about nothing more than appeasement for the sake of appeasement. Anyone that fell for the "hunter selectivity" nonsense got taken hook line and sinker

19. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Very glad you asked ....when the MDC changes regulations that affect ALL of us ( yes let me repeat ALL of us , just because you your self choose not to participate in said regulation does not mean it doesn't affect others ) YOU as a Missouri hunter are saying it's ok with me that you ( the MDC ) are ok with crapping on the the hunters it affects and IMHO is telling the powers that be it's OK to regulate a segment of us down to POSSIBLY protect a resource that should be and was available in the past .

I myself am supportive of the past regulations that allow ALL of us to pursue 3 bucks during Missouri deer season whether or not YOU choose to take advantage of it or not !

When you state " it does not affect me " that is saying I don't care what is done to other hunters and IMHO = APATHY

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  20. henry

Like I said. You have no comprehension skills. You don't know the difference between Indiana and Missouri. LMAO.