I need some Writers

Discussion in 'From the Admin & Staff' started by Austin, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    Hey guys,

As you know in last design of MWT we had an articles section. Well if you haven't caught it yet we have one here too. Check it out.

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/articles/

That's all of our old articles, but we need something new, so if you're interested in helping out please start a conversation with me, or post to this thread and I will contact you.

If you are interested in writing but you don't know what to write about start a conversation with me and we can talk it out.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to read this and if you need anything please let me know.

Austin

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I'm working on something but as I add to it, it may become two or three separate articles. I dont have much time to work on it these days but hopefully get something in the next month or two.

Vikestand, DougC and badlander like this.

3. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

How about some pieces about antler dirt, everlasting trophy rocks and managing CWD holes with sticks? Maybe hanging stands on trees that wont fall? I know an expert.

4. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    Sounds good. Start a conversation with me when you're done, please.

Who is this expert? I'd be happy to contact them on my own.

Come on guys, I know we got some writers. You're all on a forum, it's chosen method of communication. Who wants to write for the community?

5. Bootheel Boy

Bootheel Boy Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    SEMO
    I think this forum has a well known writer as a member. If memory serves me right forum member Keef is exactly what you are looking for. Might contact him about it.

6. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    Maybe someone can write up a good trophy photo help article.

BustinBucks likes this.
  7. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    What's the pay?

8. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    After my hunts in Nevada this month I'll try to come with something.

I'll have to check to see what restrictions my previous articles have on reprinting them. I did a couple of articles about our farm and hunting in MO for Bowhunter and Bow & Arrow, maybe I can do a rewrite of them.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    badlander, Mailman, Maddux and 4 others like this.
  9. PHhunter

PHhunter MOD-ER-ATOR

Jan 22, 2007
    Woods.
    Oneshot has some good stories that should be in print

hesseu, Bootheel Boy, henry and 3 others like this.
  10. sandals

sandals Quack

Nov 13, 2014
    bourbon
    the old site had a way to submit an article like a post. Is that still available? or do we just send them to you?

11. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Your just Jealous!

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is a story all by herself.

12. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I think a weekly article on "Livin Large in Missouri" would instantly increase the google hit rates of this site by an epic scale... :tup:

13. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    I upgrade your account to supporting members for one year per article.

What did you want to write about? Glad to see you using your old account by the way.

That was broken and I could do it. You should send it to me directly in a conversation.

I could contact @Keef to see if he's interested. He did a couple on the old format and he's a good writer. Still, I need new writers too.

You guys write for fun being on a forum. I personally like writing articles, but this is your community, so who should write, and what should it be about?

I will have a list of potential topics by early next week. Would that help you guys get started? Let me know your thoughts on that one.

14. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    NO One lives Larger in Missouri them me :D but much of any article I wrote would be about drinking whiskey so it would have to be an Opt In article :cheers:

{ hope the alcohol related smiles doesn't get this moved }

Clucker likes this.
  15. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

Just the word "whiskey" might be enough....:bs:

16. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I dunno dude.... After reading One Shot's posts, he's gonna be hard to top.... :wave1:

Don't take it personal, he's just sort of a legend that way... And, he's a minority, which gives instant cred for anything he posts. :tup:

tcwild likes this.
  17. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I have to say, I don't get this one, as long as it's just a casual discussion...

If you are talking about abusing it some how, ok, all right....

But, just a general discussion, heck you can get that during just about any prime time tv show, and much worse........ Of course, this is just my opinion, I don't own the place..... :wave1:

18. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Abusing is a relative term believe me my wife and I have very different opinions on the amount and or consumption of said adult beverage to define abuse ...nuff said on that matter :wink4:

bluecan likes this.
  19. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    I've heard back from a couple of you who are interested but surely we have to have more than that. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have some topics some of you may be interested in. I hope that helps.

Anyone else want to write, or can recommend someone who does?