Glasses help

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by tinker, Aug 6, 2017.

1. tinker

tinker Member

Dec 21, 2011
    MO Pike county - troy
    I now wear glasses full time. When I aim with bow the site is between the inside edge of glazes and my big nose. I currently have a clarifier attached to tube for peep site. Any better suggestions on what to use so I can still shoot while I wear my glasses.? Thx

2. BustinBucks

BustinBucks #MakeMWTGreatAgain

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    @archer66 might be a good resource on this. I'm not sure if he's around here much anymore.

3. 170BC

170BC Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Wait till you try a shot gun on birds or rabbits. Bifocals are even worse . I've heard of eye Dr's that would have you bring your gun or bow in hold in proper use position (aiming) then set you up with a pair of shooting glasses . Of course this is about all they are good for with altered focal points .

4. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    I believe there is an attachment that you can attach to your glasses that helps to remedy the issue . The attachment comes on and off easily so it's nothing permanent on your glasses. A friend of mine used one. I'll try to get some more info ..

tinker likes this.
  5. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Do you mean like this one?

IMG_0660.GIF

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    WBF likes this.
  6. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    You might check into a verifier peep rather than a clarifier.

tinker likes this.
  7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    optigrab

8. tinker

tinker Member

Dec 21, 2011
    MO Pike county - troy

9. tinker

tinker Member

Dec 21, 2011
    MO Pike county - troy
    I would appreciate that

10. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Merit Sight Focusers -

Apertures that tune depth of field, clearing
    up sights and target for pinpoint aiming accuracy.
    "Open" or "Iron" sights can be nearly as accurate as telescopic sights... if you can see
    [​IMG]
    them clearly. The 5-Shot group on the Turkey silhouette to the left (click to enlarge) was shot at 150 yards over iron sights. The shooter used a Merit Sight Focuser attached to his shooting glasses and dialed in the depth of field that gave
    [​IMG]
    him the clearest sight picture. The the results speak for themselves. How Does it Work? Exactly like a camera aperture or the pupil of your eye. Using no lens, the Merit adjusts the size of its hole or aperture you're looking through, changing the amount of light admitted to lengthen or shorten the depth of field. You can actually see your sight picture sharpen up as you turn the adjustment ring. With practice you will be able to aim more and more precisely... It's amazing!
    [​IMG]
    Styles for Rifle and Handgun Shooters -
    The Merit Eyeglass Attachment (above) sticks to your eyeglass lens with a suction cup and helps you focus rifle as well as handgun sights. The Merit/Williams Aperture replaces the peep aperture in Williams aperture style rifle sights. If you'd like to experience pinpoint accuracy with iron sights, order your Merit Sight Focuser Today!
    ORDER/Price 110-010 Merit Eyeglass Attachment
    ORDER/Price 110-002 Merit/Williams WGRS Aperture

There's plenty of other styles and manufacturers. But this should get you headed in the right direction.

tinker likes this.