Getter closer !!

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Bubba75, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Bubba75

Bubba75 Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Only 48 days left till can start chasing !! Cooler weather getting in the mood ! Be good shooting practice temps Saturday and Sunday morning. Anyone else getting gear ready and dusted off ? Dad says I still get too excited earlier every year . Mom said I Learned it from him. Flipping thru a magazine the other day I was showing him some pictures of some new crossbows and he asked how much they wanted for some . I looked it up on my phone found a dealer . Called them ask price . So a few days later mom asks me does your dad really need a new crossbow ?? He's retired has had shoulder replacement and I said $@!! Yes! He asks tonite what I was doing Saturday and the hours of the bow shop !! Now who is getting Excited Early !! I thank God for the magnificent creatures to pursue and hunt !! And family and friends who chase them with me!

STTH and Maddog3355 like this.
  2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

It is beginning to look a lot like bow season. :D

3. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I'm a month out from headed to Utah for a crack at an elk

Only been getting ready for a month. :D

4. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    Tuesday antelope season starts in Nevada. Going Sunday to set up blinds. It will be a pleasant 100 degrees all next week.

5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Kill a monster, and even at 100 it will beat a week at work.

6. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Were not getting farther away thats for sure. :)

7. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    My wife also drew a tag. I'm going to try to get her a nice one. I'm not concerned about a big one for myself, but that would be a bonus. She told me this morning she wants one for the P&Y record book so I have a challenge now.

8. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's what I thought last time I went. Just looking for a decent one. Ended up getting the best one I could ever imagine.

9. t-tomshooter

t-tomshooter Senior Member

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    try to pace yourself though, i have got way to excited to early and burned out early so keep that in mind haha. peak excitment should reach september 1st:banana::banana::banana::7up::7up::7up:

10. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Getting my thermacell ready for early season.:D

11. STTH

STTH Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Turd Crick North
    Yep, my new horizontal bow is supposed to be here by Wed.:stir: Looking forward to slinging some short arrahs.

12. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    Shoot Fishy their already killing elk in some states been open for a week already:D

13. BustinBucks

BustinBucks #MakeMWTGreatAgain

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    Bolts*

14. MOGC

MOGC Active Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    Dusted the bow off and gave it a check over. Went to BPS and found a good deal on the Scott Talon release and First Lite merino camo clothing in stock. Flung a few arrows yesterday. Gonna start my shooting regime and pick up the intensity as the season gets closer. Looked over my climbing tree stand this morning. I'm anxious to get high... like 20' feet up a tree high!