Ct 2017

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by Cedar Thicket, Feb 20, 2017.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

That looks great. :eek::

2. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

3. Man I need one of those....

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Looks very cool. :eek::

5. Cedar Thicket

Make one man, its was easy once you have the materials

Thanks. Its also on caster wheels, so when he gets back I can wheel him into any room I'm in easily. :D

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Almost like expecting a baby and building a crib. :D

7. henry

I bet he sees more than one room a day for awhile. :D

8. Cedar Thicket

Picked up this savage axis .243 heavy barrel for a fun gun and possibly some longer range shots out of the box blind. Found it online for a great price plus a $50 rebate. It's topped with talley rings and a vortex crossfire II 6x18x44. Really, really like the scope.

Ordered an after market spring for the trigger. My first ever attempt at messing with a guns dynamics, but online videos made it sound fairly simple. Went from 7lbs to 4lbs.

It's not light, but i don't expect to be toting it very far. As of now she's sighted in pretty decent, but want to really dial her in at some point.

Me likey.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Cedar Thicket

Been waiting for this piece of paper for awhile. Soon to be west in the fall again, just over two months out, can't wait!

Time to start putting the details together and soon ramp up my cardio.

[​IMG]

10. Cedar Thicket

Cousin bought a new canvas tent, and beginning to get my stuff in order. Starting to get pumped to go back now. My weekends are pretty packed until then so the time should pretty much fly by...

Gotta get the muzzleloader sighted in, and keep getting in shape.

50 days out. Man I can't wait to hear them bugles.

Attached Files:

11. Cedar Thicket

Haven't been at the farm in a while so took a half day to brush hog and check stands. Nice short day by myself and help clear the head. First pic was my morning view before I fired up the tractor. Beautiful.

Cut grass for awhile, checked cams and reloaded batteries. Spread some raddish seed into the beans on about an acre of ground. Also put some pond dye in the ponds. Made the smaller dirtier one look real nice.

Have to go through the cam pics later as my cams were taking thousands of pics of moving brush.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. fl3157

fl3157 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    N.E. Missouri
    Pretty farm CT.:kewl:

13. henry

Nice hot day for it. The morning pic is nice.