Coons are pretty smart critters

Discussion in 'Predators' started by glennasher1, May 15, 2017.

1. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    but they ain't that smart. I've had two more coons (at least) hanging around the place, pestering the cats and being a nuisance, getting in the trash cans and scattering stuff everywhere.

This morning I woke up early and checked my trap, and lo and behold, there was a coon, a victim of marshmallow lust.

I got the newest toy (a CZ 455 Scout) and stuffed a Short HP in it, and ended his raiding nights forever.

Nice little rifle, less than 35 inches long, and shoots like a target gun on paper at 50 yards. It's growing on me, I wasn't sure about it at first, but I'm coming around.

I wish Congress would pass the Hearing Protection Act of 2017, so I could go ahead and get a suppressor for it. Sooner or later the neighbors are gonna hear me shooting these danged coons............

Attached Files:

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

You are running up a pretty good talley. :eek::

3. h_callahan

h_callahan Senior Member

Nov 14, 2008
    warren county
    What is the status of that bill. I have been out of the loop and not follewed it like i should. I sure hope it gets passed soon.

and nice rifle btw.

4. vonfatman

vonfatman Member

Dec 31, 2006
    yes they are:D

thats a dandy rifle

5. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Naturally, the press is predicting doom and gloom, allowing "silencers" would, of course, cause a rash of killings nationwide (of raccoons, maybe). Right now, Congress has more important things to do, like investigating Trump's ties to Russia, and stuff like that.:rolleyes:

Maybe they'll get around to passing the HPA after they get a budget passed.