Bragging again..

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by TATER, May 18, 2017.

1. TATER

TATER New Member

I know I brag a lot about the girl-child (a freshman) but her older brother is pretty amazing too. He is about to finish his junior year of high school. He has already qualified for Nationals in Speech. We found out today that he scored a 33 on his ACT! Proof again that every human at my house is way smarter than I am. :eek::D

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Sounds like they have a good home environment and a great support team. :eek::

3. Hooks

Hooks Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    Tater,
    That 33 composite score is gonna open up some doors and Bright Flight and other scholarships. That is an incredible accomplishment. You have every right to be proud.

4. Fuldraw

Fuldraw Fuldraw

Dec 8, 2013
    That's awesome !!!!!!
    That's not bragging it's just telling friends how proud you are of your family and you should be.

5. BarryG

BarryG Member

May 15, 2003
    Fenton
    :banana-man-yeah:

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    Brag away brother. That is something you should be proud of!!!

7. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    That is awesome!!! 33 is a $$$maker!!!

8. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    :eek::

9. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

Awesome,

10. killmode

killmode Deplorable member

Congrats!

11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Good parenting skills are paying off for you!

In todays society its hard to keep them heading in the right direction.

:2thumbsup:

12. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    Great job there. Something to be proud of.

13. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Very cool, my kid got a full tuition, and another 4k per year from Ole Miss for a 32 and 3.5 gpa.

33 will work out nicely just about anywhere, except Mizzou... Although, they may be changing that with enrollment down.

14. TATER

TATER New Member

As of right now, his first choice is University of Colorado at Boulder. However with a non-resident tuition/room and board of $48k per year he best be getting some really good scholarship offers from there. :D

15. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You should be proud of them!

16. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I am sure a lot has changed since I went through this with my son.

Cost of "State" univeristies is all over the place, as are the various scholarships they will give out. And, sometimes it's very hard to get good information out of them. When I talked to Mizzou, I talked to a person who barely spoke english, and didn't seem to have a clue about what I was asking.

When I talked to Ole Miss, I talked to dean of scholarships and admissions for their School of Engineering, and he basically laid it out over the phone with me. Then invited us down to a football game and sit at their tailgate party in the grove with them.

With a 33 ACT, and a good GPA you son should be able to get decent Scholaships from some schools. If I remember, University of Arkansas also offered the same basic package my son got from Ole Miss. He just didn't want to go to school there.:wave:

17. trapperBR549

trapperBR549 New Member

May 17, 2007
    mo
    I doubt it is limited to just humans. :wave:

18. TATER

TATER New Member

True. Jazz the black lab that Winger trained is probably smarter. I think I'm at least on par with the blonde lab though..:D

19. gurgalunas

gurgalunas Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Platte City
    Tater, what's he want to study?

I'm a year ahead of you in that process with my son. He graduates tomorrow and decided on Purdue for aeronautical engineering. Had pretty much full ride to Wichita State, but decided the degree from Purdue would be better to get him where he wants to go in his career...

Check with the schools he is looking at to see if there is an ACT score that qualifies for higher $. If a point or two increase pays big dividends, there is a ACT prep company I'll highly recommend. All the kids I've known that went thru their program bettered their score by at least a couple points. It's not cheap, but the payoff could be much more in scholarships than the cost of the class. Or at least open doors that were not options previously.

20. TATER

TATER New Member

For a long time he was interested in computer programming. However his true passion is history. And this year he decided that he'd rather spend the rest of his life doing something he likes. He wants to eventually end up as a history professor at a college or university.