Black Mountain Lion ? NWMO House cat?

Discussion in 'Missouri Outdoor News' started by olebuck, Feb 8, 2017.

1. MOGC

MOGC Active Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    You said they killed a black color phase jaguar. The deputy actually shot a declawed leopard that was either a released or escaped pet. A different thing because leopards are an African species and this one was obviously an imported domesticated animal. However, jaguars are native to the America's and home ranges have been documented across the United States from east Texas through California. Maybe as far north as Colorado in the west. A true wild jaguar (not a released/escaped captive animal) in southern Missouri would be HUGE news.

2. thwackaddict

thwackaddict Senior Member

Nov 1, 2007
    NW Missouri
    So even if it were a non declawed young jaguar it could still be someone's pet. :D

Both species a simple recessive gene causes it so breed two blacks you get a black. Rumor has the black panthers are fond of black panthers. Drug dealers too.

3. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I just wish people would let me see a regular old normal colored mountain lion in Missouri before they have me looking for a black one too. This is as cruel as telling rat that we have abdominal snow men in Missouri as well as the bigfoots he is looking for. Mean,, just mean.

4. Clucker

Clucker Well-Known Member

There were some prints found and several sighting of a cat around Hillsboro the last few weeks.

5. thwackaddict

Nov 1, 2007
    NW Missouri
    I sometimes think it is a curse to have seen them.:D

6. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Me too. I see bigfeets all the time while rat struggles constantly trying to see his first one. It often leaves me riddled with feelings of guilt.

7. thwackaddict

Nov 1, 2007
    NW Missouri
    Finally found a picture of the kitty cat.

I know at the time there was also a video of the incident. Several of us cat "experts" were thinking in the video it looked more like a jag than a leopard, and the articles about also mention that it was undetermined at the time(jag or leopard) so that is why I had it stuck in my head that it was a jag not a leopard.

Any way I bet the officer that arrived at the scene had one of his biggest adrenaline rushes of his life as it charged him several times and he had to shoot it several times to get it put down. Hope he used the rest room before he responded to the call.:D

Attached Files: